Fuel Pump Recommended

-

69cudaownr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need to replace my mechanical fuel pump. I'm not interested in wiring an electronic one. The mechanical choices seem to be a Carter M6866 or Delphi MF0010. Does anyone have an opinion on which is better?
69 - 318 engine

I prefer Carter as that's what my car came with originally, but given that, I'm not sure anymore as to what's made in China/Mexico or the USA. Many 'name" brand parts are in name only when it comes to quality these days.

I also like the Carter mech pumps, pretty much trouble free operation. 65'

Had a shiny chrome mechanical pump in the RR 383 that the previous owner installed. The hinge pin for the pump rocker arm was the "press in" type and recently the pump came apart internally. Replaced it with a Carter pump. Box and pump said "made in USA" and holding it side by side with the pump that failed the Carter is a far better built unit. Also have a Carter in the Duster. That has a '69 replacement 340 in it. I definitely recommend a Carter myself.

Yes, I recommend a fuel pump. They tend to run better with one.

I suggest the mechanical Carter high flow fuel pump which doesn’t need a regulator.

The Carter M6866 is an exact replacement for the OEM pump in every detail that matters. Some other alleged replacements have a different profile on the arm that saves a little material but may put more stress on the eccentric.

The Carter M6866 is an exact replacement for the OEM pump in every detail that matters. Some other alleged replacements have a different profile on the arm that saves a little material but may put more stress on the eccentric.
Based on the responses that is the one I bought. Thanks to all.

-
Back