Fuel pump suggestions

-

wildbill

Reaction score
I am currently using a Jeg's electric fuel pump. (Holley black knockoff). I just put it in this spring. It is so loud that it is driving me insane! Also the fuel pressure tends to fluctuate at times. I am using the cheap Holley regulator. The pump is not mounted as low as recommended (it is not quite as low as the bottom of the fuel tank) due to limited space.

I am running a 100HP shot of nitrous, so I am nervous about going back to the Carter strip mechanical pump that I used to run (I also ran I small Airtex pusher pump near the tank to help with starting and avoid vapor lock issues).

The car is street driven but taken regulaly to the dragstrip. (Best time with the nitrous is 12.37 at 111 MPH)

I am running a new 3/8 sending unit and 6AN hose all the way to the carb.

So I am trying to decide which pump would be best to replace what I have. I am considering Mallory, the Holley HP, Edelbrock, and possibly the Carter.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Wilbill

Last season I ran the Carter mechanical pump,3/8 fuel line,with 5/16 sender to an AED850HO dp on my 410.The car ran in the high 10,s.I think you,ll be fine with the mechanical Carter fuel pump.JMO

I have been useing the Holly 110 mechanical fuel pump for years. 100 HP spray on a Magnum 360, 5/16 pickup with no problems. Runs high 12's, never goes lean.

Maybe I will just put the Carter back on. I never had a problem with it once I reran the fuel line away from the headers. Also, I do have a fuel pressure safety switch in place to pull the nitrous if the pressure gets too low.

Thanks

Wildbill

-
Back