Fuel Pump

-

02sixxer

Reaction score
In another thread I asked if a 50 gph @70psi Vortech T rex Pump would be sufficent for a Big Block Mopar? I am asking because the person who has a procharger I am looking at has this new in the box, but I dont want to buy it if it is not sufficent on a 383 with approx 10-12lbs of boost. If you need more to answer the question just ask.

In another thread I asked if a 50 gph @70psi Vortech T rex Pump would be sufficent for a Big Block Mopar? I am asking because the person who has a procharger I am looking at has this new in the box, but I dont want to buy it if it is not sufficent on a 383 with approx 10-12lbs of boost. If you need more to answer the question just ask.

Call whoever sells the pump and tell them what you are doing. They should know right away if it will work.

My Naturally aspirated 410 Small Block Mopar has a 172GPH Mechanical pump but it only runs at 7PSI.

My TT Dart will be using a Boost Referenced Regulator set at 7psi for a blow thru carb. When Boost increases it will pick up the pace and add more fuel to the bowls so the PSI is always at that regardless of how much boost is thrown at it, " that is as long as the pump can keep up"

I kinda went overkill but rather be safe than sorry. All the questions you are asking can be found over on the TTF site. Alot of GOOD info. there!! Your pump should do just fine!

My pump was $320, boost reference regulator $180, Fuel pump controller $451 thru Jegs. All Aeromotive A1000. I still need to get all the fittings and 1/2" fuel line. Here is my fuel system,

Attachments

• fuel system.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 169
A single walbro gsl-392 will support 625-650 hp. Run two and turn the second one on only when boost is on. When off, it will act as a deadhead. You can find them for about $110ea with fittings. Mallory 4309 (I think that is the number) is a rising rate 1:1 regulator = $90.

A single walbro gsl-392 will support 625-650 hp. Run two and turn the second one on only when boost is on. When off, it will act as a deadhead. You can find them for about $110ea with fittings. Mallory 4309 (I think that is the number) is a rising rate 1:1 regulator = $90.

Do you use the dual walbro set up? I may go this route for my TT build.

That pump for sure would need to be a dead head though when not running.

What do you use to turn on the second pump when it hits boost?

I have looked at the aeromotive set up, I wish I could swing that price. 1 grand on a fuel system. I may splurge, I have been really thinking about it.

What kinda fuel cell are you running it from. Who of you are running stock tank and what pumps and pick ups are you using with them?

I am going to turn my stock tank into a sump/fuel cell! I will make my own sump for about $20.00.

I am going to turn my stock tank into a sump/fuel cell! I will make my own sump for about $20.00.

DITTO!!!

With the fuel pump controller I won't need a return line. Single 1/2" line from the home-made sump!

Whats your plans to make the homemade sump? How?

Cut 5 1" holes with a holesaw in the rear center of my New gas tank.
Flat 3/32 steel cut with plasma cutter, bend, weld it up and I will be using 3/4" threaded pipe welded to the back. Cut the holes with a Snap-on holesaw in my Makita cordless.

Its not that hard. I have done it a few times.

Do you use the dual walbro set up? I may go this route for my TT build.

That pump for sure would need to be a dead head though when not running.

What do you use to turn on the second pump when it hits boost?

I don't make that kinda power to need two. Use a boost activated switch to turn on the second pump.

that doesnt sount too difficult, as you do it take photos and post them up. I want to do my own and dont want to mess it up.

I kinda went overkill but rather be safe than sorry. All the questions you are asking can be found over on the TTF site. Alot of GOOD info. there!! Your pump should do just fine!

My pump was $320, boost reference regulator $180, Fuel pump controller $451 thru Jegs. All Aeromotive A1000. I still need to get all the fittings and 1/2" fuel line. Here is my fuel system,

Wow....That is the SAME setup I'll be running on my dart...Only I have the Aeromotive A1000 Stealth 20 gal fuel cell, where the A1000 fuel pump and filter are mounted inside the sell...That was an expensive cell at about 850 bucks....I also have that regulator, but I STILL need to buy that fuel pump controller....But Damn, I can't believe I'll have to spend that much! I'm waiting for a good excuse to buy it...lol I need it though

Wow....That is the SAME setup I'll be running on my dart...Only I have the Aeromotive A1000 Stealth 20 gal fuel cell, where the A1000 fuel pump and filter are mounted inside the sell...That was an expensive cell at about 850 bucks....I also have that regulator, but I STILL need to buy that fuel pump controller....But Damn, I can't believe I'll have to spend that much! I'm waiting for a good excuse to buy it...lol I need it though

Be sure to look into it!! You can't use the controller with a return fuel system.

I have read a lot of thread about the twin Walbro set up, but most are for internal set up, how do you plumb the external set up or is there a kit.

-
Back