fuel pump

-

slowdown

Reaction score
Anyone want to share what fuel pump you are useing? I have a electric carter, but I don't think it will keep up, with a forced induction set up.

Walbro GSL-392, they are cheap flow serious fuel and are very quiet.

gsl392.com

I am using multiples on my current project with carb & E85 conversion.

You can see my set up on the last couple pages of my scamp tread in my signature.

Ill be using twin bosch 044 for my set up with a isolator type mount. I found a website that sells for dirt cheap only down side is they come from over seas but they are authentic real bosch pumps not a copy cat one. The website is aliexpress.com its like a ebay some awesome deals.

Walbro GSL-392, they are cheap flow serious fuel and are very quiet.

gsl392.com

I am using multiples on my current project with carb & E85 conversion.

You can see my set up on the last couple pages of my scamp tread in my signature.

x2

x3 on the Walbro

I wouldn't call it quiet, but while the car is running you definitely can't hear it, but you can hear it whir when you set the key and are about to start, which is a good diagnostic sound at least.

Lol. Try that with any other inline fuel pump that flows serious fuel. They all sound like a 4 stroke chainsaw WITH the engine running! Not to mention the rattles of the car that come with using one. I have ran 3 Walbros all at the same time and you can not hear them with the engine running.

Lol. Try that with any other inline fuel pump that flows serious fuel. They all sound like a 4 stroke chainsaw WITH the engine running! Not to mention the rattles of the car that come with using one. I have ran 3 Walbros all at the same time and you can not hear them with the engine running.

LOVE my Walbro392 (love that number, too!)

Guess it's a MOPAR thing... :cheers:

If you like the sound of a chains saw then sure! haaaa

This couldn't be more true! I run one of their SS pumps and it's noisy. Pretty sure the A1000 is just as loud. Sound deadener between the pump body/clamp and clamp/frame helps a trememdous amount with noise inside the car but you'll always know when it's on no matter how much you try to mask the noise. And a side note, put about 100 miles on the car before I got to pump #3 due to leaking issues with the first 2 pumps. Aeromotive customer service has been pretty good about it. They've just swapped them out. It's still a pain though to have to pull everything back off and send it in.

How much power you are going to be making?? You may need 2 or more.

You will also need a regulator and a return back to the tank if you don't already have one.

I use this one from Mallory for a carb set up with the GSL-392

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/maa-4307m/overview/

and This one for Fuel Injection.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/maa-4305m
I do have a regulator but not a return line. I guess i will have to run one. I just did'nt need one with the carter pump.
Power, I don't know. I am only going to be running 5 lbs of boost, my engine may be in the high 3 s or low 4 s but I am just guestimating. I'm not sure what these little superchargers put out, but I would guess another 60 or 80 horses would'nt be hard to get with 5 lbs boost. I've read with a higher hp engine not to expect a large jump in hp due to engine efficiency. And that's where bigger pulleys and boost retard comes in, I don't know for sure as this is my first supercharger. I am definetly reading everything I can on the subject.

Sounds like you will be fine with 1 GSL-392. 1 is good for 650 HP.

If your regulator is not Boost Referenced. You will need to buy another one like the ones I posted above.

I suspended my GSL395 pump (15 psi version of the GSL392 which is 60 psi) about 1.5 years ago and I can't hear it running with the engine off! There are two self-stick rubber bumpers stuck on the chassis side, but I don't know that they've ever even made contact.
i-ggtF8QF-M.jpg

Note that the about to kink hose has been replaced with a 45° hose end and slightly shorter hose.

I used the stock 5/16" supply tube for the return and added a 3/8" supply. Am using a Holley By-Pass type regulator and its output pressure is inconsistent at best. Sometimes it's 7 psi, sometimes its 9 psi.

I suspended my GSL395 pump (15 psi version of the GSL392 which is 60 psi) about 1.5 years ago and I can't hear it running with the engine off! There are two self-stick rubber bumpers stuck on the chassis side, but I don't know that they've ever even made contact.
i-ggtF8QF-M.jpg

Note that the about to kink hose has been replaced with a 45° hose end and slightly shorter hose.

I used the stock 5/16" supply tube for the return and added a 3/8" supply. Am using a Holley By-Pass type regulator and its output pressure is inconsistent at best. Sometimes it's 7 psi, sometimes its 9 psi.

Question.... Are you using a Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge?? If so swap it out to a NON Liquid filled gauge and see if that fixes your problem. I had the same issue until I got swapped to a non liquid gauge. If that is not it... then it is probably the regulator.

My Fuel pressure is Rock Solid at 6.5 PSI using the 4307M Regulator and the GSL-392 with a non liquid filled FP Gauge.

FYI.... The GSL-395 is only good for 300HP....

Anyone with any more power than that should be using the GSL-392

I had thought they were the same flow rating, but after looking that up I find that they're not. Mine's feeding a \, no worries. :)

I can't recall if liquid filled or not. I'll have to check.

I have mine in the same spot except a little further forward, am using the 5/16 original line as my feed, and the larger 3/8" line i installed as a return - never had an issue with pressure, and regulated with a Quick Fuel Technology boost referenced regulator. 5psi at the carb all day and raises 1:1 on boost like it should. 11.8AFR @WOT. But I'm only pushing 200 @ the crank.

I had an issue in the same spot with the kinked hose, except mine kept rupturing on a bad hose barb that was all chewed up for some reason - kept making fuel trails all over the road - replaced it all with braided line. It was too much hassle to worry about rubber line getting dinged or cut - or sabotaged.

I know, i just meant it clearly makes a sound when the car is off - not dead silent.

That's "emissions barrier" fuel hose on Push-Lok fittings, which is why no clamps. That hose has what appears to be a teflon or polyethylene liner. It's still about $3/foot -which is no savings over the hose intended to be used on those fittings, but at least I can buy it at most parts stores.

Car is intended to be my DD, and it mostly has been that the last ~1.5 years. No issues with that hose or the nylon tubing and "wash-down" type Push-to-Connect fittings.
Different vehicle, but same tubing & fittings that I used on the Valiant:
i-gPdtdCt-M.jpg

That's "emissions barrier" fuel hose on Push-Lok fittings, which is why no clamps. That hose has what appears to be a teflon or polyethylene liner.

More push-on... My entire fuel system uses it; no problems.

Attachments

• 100_2847.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_2854-2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_2853-1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 212
Yeah, my A1000 is loud... Until the car fires off, then I promise you can't hear it anymore. ;)

More push-on... My entire fuel system uses it; no problems.

The ONLY issue that I've ever had with it was an ignorant tech guy who insisted on hose clamps. He would not listen explanations of how that was a bad move and he wasn't willing to read any info from the mfg. We put hose clamps on, very loosely, and then took it up with his boss after the race.

Yeah, my A1000 is loud... Until the car fires off, then I promise you can't hear it anymore. ;)

With the new insulation on mine, I don't hear it much either when the car is running, even with no carpet or back seat in yet. Before, it was noisy all the time.

-
Back