Fuel pump

-

65rbdodge

Reaction score
I need some advice on selecting a fuel pump. I see Holley makes two fuel pumps for my vehicle. One that has a return and one that doesn’t. It’s a 2008 5.7 truck motor using the stock intake and injectors. It’s just a stock rebuild with a cam swap and Holley terminator x max

I would look at your fuel rail. If it has a return port and a FPR (doubt it does) than I would use the one with a return port.

Pretty sure your factory setup was returnless. I know the later cars, even the Hellcats were.

I know some swear by a return style fuel system when getting into big horsepower. But it sounds like you aren’t anywhere close to that level. So I would just get the one without a return port and run a single line to the motor.

Is the returnless one internally regulated at 58psi? I used a fitech in my other swap that was a single line out, ran into a corvette style filter on the frame rail and ran a return back to the tank. Easy stuff. If the Holley is regulated, that a no brainer. I went with a Holley in tank pump on my current swap that has a fuel level sending unit built in as well.

-
Back