Fuel Pumps

-

brettsdart

Reaction score
Hi New to site.Have 71 dart swinger 225 slant. Fuel pump bad. The pump has a vent tube coming out of it. will a pump from a 70 dart 225 six without the vent work ok.My dart has no evap canister on it. The vent on my pump is plumbed into the valve cover breather. Can anyone help. Thank-you

I've never seen one with a vent tube, only a hole can you post a picture?

also I can't see why it woudn't work; it has only one purpose, to pump fuel. If its from a 225 and bolts on I can't see why it wouldn't work

Thanks For the thread. New to site. Don't know how to post pics yet. Pump is still on car. Would be hard to see. Forgot talking back to 66plyValiant. I cant find any thing on this subject either. Sounds like one without tube should work. Any body else with comment? Curtis

I have no idea what the vent is. Sounds strange to have a fuel vapor vent there. I doubt it would vent the crankcase since the valve cover has those. Either from an 80's slant nobody knows about or somebody's science project. My guess is the tube is a safety thing. The little hole you normally see is a drain (I think) for if the diaphragm fails, to indicate that and let you know (by smell) that gas is leaking into your crankcase. They might have decided that gas drips are unsafe. Anyway, you are ditching that fuel pump. Check rockauto, they should list all years that work. My slant has a block-off plate and an electric pump, but mainly because I plan EFI later.

-
Back