Fuel Tank Advice

-

WARFARE

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I plan to replace my old fuel tank since it's leaking. (69 Barracuda)

What's your advice on tanks? I see that Layson's has a (Ni-Tern LT35) gas tank available. Rock Auto seams to have the same part # CR11C.

What's the good, bad and ugly with tanks?

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

I bought a cheap one for my 67 notch for like 175 shipped, it went right in with no problems, been there 5 years now, so I say go cheap on this one. Thats my 2 cents.

the factory type finish is presumed better, I have a couple of the cheaper china jobs, so far O K. I would buy the better thank if goin in a keeper and have the extra $$$> I cheap out due to necessity sometimes, but I rather buy the better stuff..

I believe at Laysons, you can get either the good tank or the cheap one. Obviously, they recommend the better one and for good reason. Rock Auto would be the cheaper one (from china I guess).

The Spectra tanks are the good ones. They are made in Canada and are NOT painted. I got my Challenger's tank from RockAuto. It's a Spectra.

I agree my Spectra tank is 4 years old and looks good as new. It's not stainless but it is a treated metal that won't rust.

-
Back