Fuel tank sending unit lock ring

-

erafuse

Reaction score
Have. 1973 Dart Swinger. Noticed the fuel sending unit was leaking the lock ring doesn’t seem to lock right. Looks like it was replaced before I got the car with an aftermarket sending unit and lock ring. Read that after market lock rings don’t seal properly. Anybody know where to buy an original lock ring? I have the leaking stopped for now but worry it will start leaking again.

Have. 1973 Dart Swinger. Noticed the fuel sending unit was leaking the lock ring doesn’t seem to lock right. Looks like it was replaced before I got the car with an aftermarket sending unit and lock ring. Read that after market lock rings don’t seal properly. Anybody know where to buy an original lock ring? I have the leaking stopped for now but worry it will start leaking again.
I have some good thicker, with better tặng, lock rings..pm me

Yes, this is definately an issue, an aftermarket lock ring can be poorly made. If all else fails, find yourself an original. Investing in the proper tool to install will also help.

Also had this issue, mechanism on the replacement tank was streched out of shape, junk. Bought a stainless tank from Vans, no more problem. Had several lock rings , used the one that worked best. Some gaskets are thicker, thinner. Thick stainless from mega, junk. Get a lock ring wrench.

-
Back