Fuel tank sending unit size?

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've got a '66 Signet /6 that needs a gas tank and sending unit. What line size should I expect? 1/2" 5/8", etc.? Ebay shows a bunch. Thanks!

I wouldn't put anything less than 3/8" in if it
wouldn't cause you too much trouble.
5/16" was stock.

5/16 is stock and fine for a carburetor. Indeed, my 383 C-body had that.
I put the 3/8" one w/ 1/4" return in my 65 Dart because I plan EFI.

The subject of overworking the stock fuel pump with a 3/8 size fuel line came up in another thread I read here a while back. Someone said the stock pump would have to work harder to suck the fuel through the larger line. Is there any merit to that, or is that B.S.

The subject of overworking the stock fuel pump with a 3/8 size fuel line came up in another thread I read here a while back. Someone said the stock pump would have to work harder to suck the fuel through the larger line. Is there any merit to that, or is that B.S.
I can only reply as a mechanical/aerospace engineer who has designed fuel systems for aircraft engines. There are some amazing "technical facts" spread around by the unschooled, but that is an amazing one. Perhaps you mis-read or mis-quoted. Anyway, there is no way you would have more pressure drop through a larger diameter line (assuming it stays full of fluid and other caveats).

-
Back