Full Commando

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to get the 360 in 273 clothing in the ‘66 Valiant. I’m going full Commando on this one.

3B5B15C4-7294-4A23-8ECB-C05EA512AB18.jpeg
F3D1615B-861C-475A-B787-C3AC81BB853E.jpeg
B70AEB6B-7C30-468D-8A5E-A5BBAE7FA07A.jpeg

What intake and carb are you planing to run? hood clearance and fit can be tricky with those air cleaners. Very nice looking project!

What intake and carb are you planing to run? hood clearance and fit can be tricky with those air cleaners. Very nice looking project!

Edelbrock Performer and Edelbrock carb. if I have to I will custom make a drop base to try to get it in there. Where there is a will and a friend with a metal fabrication shop there is a way :)

Jim I had to do that (drop it down) and found a shorter air filter element to give me 1/2'' of hood clearance.
bad is the car has been sold and I don't remember the part #, I will try to find it. I did find it at Auto Zone.
Their web page had the dimensions when I was looking. Just a thought.
My very first Mopar was a 66 Valiant. Yours is outstanding !!!!!

Jim I had to do that (drop it down) and found a shorter air filter element to give me 1/2'' of hood clearance.
bad is the car has been sold and I don't remember the part #, I will try to find it. I did find it at Auto Zone.
Their web page had the dimensions when I was looking. Just a thought.

Yup. WIX has a page that shows the dimensions and part number of all their filters. I did that with the dual 1 barrels on the Dart. The front cleaner has a shorter filter.

Jim, i have to say everything you touch turns in to beauty and in such a short order. That looks great.

Love that color! I never thought much of the Valiants from the early Barracuda (which I like) era until I started seeing some of the builds on FABO. These are really cool cars that can be built in a variety of ways. That is a really nice looking car. I’d keep those mags for sure. Can’t wait until you surprise one of the cookie cutter early muscle cars in or above its’ class. Very nice.

I had the wife’s Turquoise’63 Dart Convertible and I talked to you for a while about your ‘66 because of this ‘66 I’m doing.

I had the wife’s Turquoise’63 Dart Convertible and I talked to you for a while about your ‘66 because of this ‘66 I’m doing.

Sorry for not remembering, foggy brain. You have a nice build going. I’ve been following. I’m thinking of driving to Fall Fling in October to shake out the car. Need to do the front suspension and install a new fuel sending unit before. I’m thinking it will be a good shake down ride. You are welcome to join me.

View attachment 1715909103

-
Back