Full manual valve body

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about doing for full manual valve body in my dart. It’s a 318/904. I think it would be fun to drive, any recommendations on which one you guys use? Where you got it all the fun stuff. Thanks guys!

manual valve bodies are available from Turbo Action...Cope Racing Trans...A&A Transmissions......anyone of those 3 would work great...or you can do the Transgo Kit....

most of the manual valve bodies are reverse pattern..

I have a TCI one in my 727, reverse pattern, with a turbo action gate shifter. Great combo.You get used to all the shifting, not a problem.

Bought Turbo action back in 1983. Still in use
69 bucks new.

Last edited:
daily drove one for years. love it. probably going to do it on the valiant when i redo the trans

Bought Turbo action back in 1983. Still in use
69 bucks new.

doopdoop67 ....you disagree with that I bought it back in 1983 and still have it....or the 69 dollars I paid for it..?...LOL

now you change to like...LOL....ok

When you go full manual VB do you still need to run a TV? Is there any cons of doing a Full Manual. I was going to buy the Lokar cable and a shift improver kit. Not sure which route to go

a full manual valve body from TA or TcI...CRT will not have the hook up for a kickdown cable on the shifter lever.......a modified valve body with TF-4 is a different story....and I have never done one...

a full manual valve body from TA or TcI...CRT will not have the hook up for a kickdown cable on the shifter lever.......a modified valve body with TF-4 is a different story....and I have never done one...
I was just wondering about the line pressure of the full manual. I bought a TF-3 kit and my local tranny shop said id still need a TV cabe or linkage. He said itll work awhile but the line pressure being full on all the time(street driving) will burn up the pump. Question is will a Full Manual VB do the same or is it different

Running the Trans-go TF-3 full manual on my 727 using a Lokar kickdown cable setup (adjusted the same just as if it were fully automatic) While most know to use the linkage, a cable, or to just wire the lever back, and can find posts across various forums, the directions in the Transgo kit I received from Summit made no mention of what to do with the TV lever.

-
Back