Fun times in the snow!

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Not sure if you could tell it, but that title was supposed to be dripping with sarcasm. I went out to the car this morning to clean the snow off it and take it down to the gas station because MommaCat has a doctor appointment at 10:30. I got halfway to the gas station, and realized that thumping noise was not coming from the song on the radio. Yup, I had a flat. :banghead: There were a few bad things about this: 1. I had nowhere safe to pull over, 2. I didn't have my phone with me (stupid move), and 3. The spare was already in use. My only options were to find some place to pull over and hope a cop would just happen by, or to nurse it on in to the gas station and risk damage to the tire/rim. I chose option 2 cause that gas station is one of the few still around town that has a garage and a mechanic on duty. Luckily, neither the rim nor the tire was damaged so they were able to jack it up, get it back in position, and air it back up. It could have been much worse (accident, stranded for god only knows how long with no phone, etc) and I was only charged $4 for the service. Happy New Year to me!

yep, I'm just loving the snow myself (said with sarcasm).
I truly cannot wrap my head around our northern brothers will to live where the temperature stays cold most of the year.
I live in Southern Ohio, in fact you just about can't much more south in Ohio than where I live. It's to damn cold for me, I'm headed south when the time is right.

I'm going to do like another member on here did, when I retire I'm strapping a snow shovel to the front of my truck and drive until someone ask me what it is, then move there.

Thought you were serious...just finish blowing the driveway at -15C...lots of fun...best part of winter..the best way to enjoy snow is to embrace it.....mind you, in a couple of years we are going to be snowbirds..

-
Back