Fun times (not) removing dash bezel.

-

Woodys_Cuda

Ontario, Canada
Reaction score
Well I was having wiring issues and decided to take the bezel out for cleaning and bulb replacement. It was kind of a pain but my neighbour cleaned the guages and lenses after I took it out. He centered the gauges for more accurate readings as well. We will be testing the headlight switch tomorrow as my instrument lights aren't working. When we put it back together we'll be cleaning up the wiring. In hindsight I should have taken pictures of the whole procedure.

The steering column is ready to come out again as we work on the steering wheel centering. That's for another post.

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

dash4.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the main reason for taking the bezel out was that my wipers haven't worked in years and was avoiding that job. It turned out to be a clip on the linkage arm of course.

My car looks more like a parts car at the moment. lol.

Yep, a brutal job to say the least. When I had my entire dash out for a re-harness, I decided to put in an external voltage reg in case the one in the fool gauge went caput. 60 year old gauges and all...cheap and easy to do. @67fish383S sells new ones CHEAP!

Yep, a brutal job to say the least. When I had my entire dash out for a re-harness, I decided to put in an external voltage reg in case the one in the fool gauge went caput. 60 year old gauges and all...cheap and easy to do. @67fish383S sells new ones CHEAP!
I'm actually lucky I don't have to do the re-harness, ouch!

I also have two tutorials posted covering rallye dash removal and rehab (Link 1) and (Link 2), and one covering how to build your own IVR (Link 3).

And my latest thread covers dash overlays.

If you decide you'd like an IVR from me, check out this post.

Been there, done all of it. Many times unfortunately, lol.

-
Back