fun way to use LEDS?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
is it easy to make a gauge cluster out of leds? wouldnt it be complicated as heck to make? like for the sppedo lights to light up perfectly? and or the tach lights to measure im just confused on how they make it and if i could make my own dash like this? cuz it seems like ive researched and he made his own gauges himself

!BqjCkrgBGk~$(KGrHqQH-D!EuYE)wGs9BLv5tNtzl!~~_12.jpg

I'm no electrical engineer but making a gauge cluster like that from raw parts would be pretty difficult and I'm thinking you'd need some kind of mini-computer controller for the displays. Now if you could buy the gauges and stuff pre-made it might be a different story? Looks pretty cool, though.

like daniel said you will need some mini computer. i just got done taking a class about automation and in order to get the tach or speedo to work like that you would need an analog device (does ranges where digital does on/off). in order to make that work you would also need an analog input so that the mini computer could determine the various states. Basically it would be a lot of time involved to get what you want if you were making it on your own. if you can find a company that already has these produced it would make it easier.

Those look like off the shelf digital gauges that have custom faces to fit the dash bezel, electrically no harder to install that any analog after market gauge.

No way those are one-off. Somebody must sell that kit. The bezel is made to fit the gauges, not the other way around.

i cant find anything on the internet iv'e looked at dakota digital.com they dont make anything for a mopar only jeeps and chevys and fords

Here is a set of generic Summit Racing digital gauges. The only gauge where you may need to have some sort of adapter to connect is the speedometer and they are available from the manufacturers of the gauges. Tach, oil, temp, voltage are all generic and these look like your orignal post.

You will certainly need to get creative to make a bezel but there are a couple of companies out there that make dash bezels for A-bodies that you could mount these gauges in.

sum-g2980.jpg

I thought that looked familiar...Thats the guy that made an Electric Duster...a FABO member too...contact him. I'm sure he would help ya...

Here is his site....

http://electricmopar.blogspot.com/

Here is the back of that dash...
P3150004.jpg

Aloha and Good luck!

P3150004.jpg

-
Back