Fun With Scammers...

-
I used to do this until I learned that they're paying to overnight the bad check with another bad check, thus raising shipping costs for all of us.
Don't believe everything you read...

Besides, if they are writing scam check to the government postal system or major carriers, there' aa better chance they get caught.

...........or just turn them over to the authorities...........
Yes. I have strung along a couple of scammers gathering as much info as possible, phone numbers , zip codes, names, addresses, etc and then turn everything over to postal and banking authorities who would pursue them. I want them to do federal prison time.

Got a bad check. Ended I court . I got a judgment. Chased them for three years getting a couple hundred each time. Finally got REALLY lucky and got my initial loss. The authorities of no help between. All the judgment did was to affirm my right to try to get my loss. NO two or three times the amount of the check,no interest on that money for three years, no attorney fees and no reimbursement for the chase costs. Still ended up with some loss. If anyone thinks it's easy ,THI K AGAIN !!! Ask me how I know .
Yote

Not here.
I turned the check over to the DA's office and within 60 days I had two checks written from the DA's "Bad Check" division to me for the amount of the check and another one for the same amount about 2 weeks later. (no court, no nothing)
I asked them how their office was funded for doing this service and they told me it was part of the job and paid for by the county tax payer.

Don't believe everything you read...

Besides, if they are writing scam check to the government postal system or major carriers, there' aa better chance they get caught.

Didn't read it. Wife works for the post office and verified what a FedEx driver told me years ago.

If YOU were a scammer, would YOU scam some internet joker but spend legit money on this when you could scam 'em?

You're doing what most law-abiding people do...you're assuming that they follow rules.

i posted on craigslist to sell something,i got a email wanting to purshase the item for sale but they wanted me to do something funky.i emailed them back and said better yet,why dont i send you my bank account info along with my passwords.they got the point and never heard back from them.scammers all over the web.trust no one

-
Back