Fun with steel wool

-
Yes it was. The stuff burns real good. Put it on a cote hanger light it on fire and spin it. It has to be fine steel wool though or it wont burn very well. the best way is to put a fine one on with a corse one together. The fine one gets it started and the corse one gives it some burn time.

But be carful it is a lot like welding. Got metal can and will land on you and burn you.

Russ,

I thought this had to do with those "special" gloves you had prescribed for that other problem...:toothy7:

We try. Get a bunch of guys around a fire and they are going to find ways to burn or blow some thing up. I could list a whole bunch of unsafe ways to play with fire.

No I stoped doing it that way Rob. I found me a steep cliff. :thumbrig:

I have to try that :cheers:
It does look like I would need a heavy jacket and hat , gloves ext. 8)
Naaa!!I better not :happy10: To cool Burntorange70 =P~
And the sand rail looks like a fun and fast trip across the sand =P~
Thank you for sharing, I hope the young guns don't try that in a dry field of leaves 8)

We try. Get a bunch of guys around a fire and they are going to find ways to burn or blow some thing up. I could list a whole bunch of unsafe ways to play with fire.

No I stoped doing it that way Rob. I found me a steep cliff. :thumbrig:

Here is how we start and end the summer ever year .

5gal plastic gas can with no more then 1 gallon of gas in it.
30 pack of busch light
a nice size fire
12 ga. shot gun

One person tosses the can in the fire another shoots. Pretty cool. But never and I repeat never use a metal can and never use more then 1 gal of gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMJGCRsLLM Our city uses 5 gallon buckets of powdered coffee creamer for our 4th. of July fireworks display. The creamer bombs send up a giant mushroom cloud shaped fireball of orange flame . You can feel the heat a block away. They add a small stick of TNT
for the "boom". A crowd pleaser for sure!! toolmanmike

If you are ever in a situation where you need to start a fire you can remove the bulb from a flashlight and put a pinch of steel wood in the bulb socket.

i was watching an apocalypse survival show and they were starting a fire with steel wool and a 9 volt battery. just stick the battery to the steel wool and it will heat up spark and catch fire.

i was watching an apocalypse survival show and they were starting a fire with steel wool and a 9 volt battery. just stick the battery to the steel wool and it will heat up spark and catch fire.

Cool. I gotta try that.

hey im in the middle of a restoration on a 70 dart swinger and i need a few parts, hood and a left front door. do you have any resources for parts?
thanks,

hey im in the middle of a restoration on a 70 dart swinger and i need a few parts, hood and a left front door. do you have any resources for parts?
thanks,

Start a thread in the car and car parts wanted forum. Some one here will have what you need. A good place to start looking for new parts from venders is to get a Mopar mag and look up the advertisments in it. Welcome to FABO. It's good to heve you here. Good luck on your build.

Hi Burntorange70, you ever been to the bar on the other side of the train tracks from Glamis with all the dollar bills stapled to the walls and ceiling? My name is up there somewhere.

Hi Burntorange70, you ever been to the bar on the other side of the train tracks from Glamis with all the dollar bills stapled to the walls and ceiling? My name is up there somewhere.

Ya I have been there. They are not doing so well any more though. The railroad has closed down the tunnels and put up a fence to keep people off the tracks so there is no way to get there any more but to drive on the road for a short ways. That is not leagal for off road veicles to do so you can get a ticket for that. Unless the BLM finds another way for us to get over there it is not looking good for that place.

Start a thread in the car and car parts wanted forum. Some one here will have what you need. A good place to start looking for new parts from venders is to get a Mopar mag and look up the advertisments in it. Welcome to FABO. It's good to heve you here. Good luck on your build.
Thanks I'll try that appreciate the hel

-
Back