funny pictures

-
Ah the art of conversion. Worked on a government building construction site. I was masonry foreman, all blueprints were in metric measurements. All Canadian bricklayers have only a metric tape measure. Our material has been metric since 1976. And then there was the carpenter’s running around with imperial tape measure’s and metric conversion calculator’s. Made me laugh
i grew up in the Netherlands, so everything was metric
except for the odd hecto something, it all made sense

then i move to the US and i simply adapted
wasnt allways easy but has allways gone well...with one notable exception

one day i redid a counter top in the bathroom and i decided to put tiles up on top of it, and make a tile backsplash
now, i had never done tile before but how hard can it be?
ive laid bricks before, got to be about the same i figured

so, i got started and all went quite well, i got it all laid out, split the grout seams real nice and what not...and then it was time to mix the grout
the tiles were a foot squared, and i had to do about 20 odd square feet of it so i looked at the back of the box, figured out how much i needed and mixed a tub of grout

now, im sure you know this, but you take the size of the tile, by the size of the seam by the size of the square footage to get how much you need for a project
i got about 3 tiles in when i realized i had way, WAY too much grout

took me forever to figure out that when i looked at these 1x1 tiles and then looked at the graph about how much coverage i need the 1x1 i had in mind were feet, the 1x1 on the package were inches

1697550717852.png

A Nissan can actually go that fast? Who would have thought?
Im sure there are plenty of long downhill stretches where they can reach that speed

But if you really think 55 is fast we may need to direct you to a Ford forum

-
Back