funny pictures

-
Actually, not a bad idea

1726540318790.png

do you have any idea how many sheets of corrugated I would have covering my walls??? hmmm, maybe it's not a bad idea. I've got enough sheets and 4 5 gallon buckets of misc bolts. but do I have to label them?:)
I bought organizer drawers from Lowes that hang on the wall.
I organized them by size, and length.
Different bins for bolts and nuts.
Best thing I ever did, just walk up, open the bin and grab the fastener I need.

do you have any idea how many sheets of corrugated I would have covering my walls??? hmmm, maybe it's not a bad idea. I've got enough sheets and 4 5 gallon buckets of misc bolts. but do I have to label them?:)
Nah, you just do one project at a time, when a bolt comes out of the car it goes in the cardboard and gets labeled

As you wrap up the project, all the bolts go back in

At least, in theory

Nah, you just do one project at a time, when a bolt comes out of the car it goes in the cardboard and gets labeled

As you wrap up the project, all the bolts go back in

At least, in theory
I knew that is what they were getting at...just being sarcastic. 'sides, I've taken so many cars apart, hence "dismantler'. very rare one goes back together.

I bought organizer drawers from Lowes that hang on the wall.
I organized them by size, and length.
Different bins for bolts and nuts.
Best thing I ever did, just walk up, open the bin and grab the fastener I need.
good idea...if I could get within three feet of the walls. guess the garage is more of a warehouse, disorganized at best. just ask VolareDon, he's been here to witness it first hand.
I've scavenged parts drawers from auto parts store that went out of business, have the cardboard sleeves that manufacturers would give you to organize their product in, filing cabinets, etc...hafta dig 'em out and fill them up. meanwhile, 5 gallon buckets and metal coffee cans are holding the assortmrnts.

To hell with sorting thru buckets.
When I was a teen-age working on my car, needed a bolt my buddy said to me "please tell me I do not have to look thru a bucket for the bolt""

To hell with sorting thru buckets.
When I was a teen-age working on my car, needed a bolt my buddy said to me "please tell me I do not have to look thru a bucket for the bolt""
I can't even remember how many times I've had to go and dump the bolt bucket(s), and I would really rather not know!

At work I have a handful of labeled plastic coffee cans, organized by "small bolts", "bolts", "washers", "studs", "nuts", "clamps", etc.
Still have to dump them most times, but less hassle than a bucket

At work I have a handful of labeled plastic coffee cans, organized by "small bolts", "bolts", "washers", "studs", "nuts", "clamps", etc.
Oh I have the "bolt organizer cabinet" too, which has the small screws, bolts, nuts, and washers, along with dozens of spare fuses, specialty bolts, odds and ends, etc. Been through them too many times too.

problem is, usually I dump them on the floor, have 5 and need 6, and then they roll around under stuff. the other problem is I'll look at a bolt and reminisce about the car/truck it came from. I have cured the lost bolt situation: gutted a stainless steel refrigerator door. Still on the floor but looking to empty a table top, hopefully sometime this decade.

same here , but dump them onto a piece of card board , pick it up and spill them back into the can...

same here , but dump them onto a piece of card board , pick it up and spill them back into the can...
That's kinda how I let the kids play with Legos, dump the containers on a beach towel or a blanket and when they are done you grab the four corners of the towel and dump it all back in the container

Don’t use the cardboard for storage. I use the cardboard for specific jobs so when you take something apart I know where which bolts go. Especially good if job takes my than 1 day. Because I suffer from CRS, Can’t remember ****.

-
Back