Fuse Block Experts

-

QWK FSH

Reaction score
Notice the twin pinks and the red with pink. The postion is switched from one block to another.

The upper harness is my old one and I want to replace it with the lower one. I see a potential issue here! Any thoughts?

Why does everything have to bust my boys!!!

Fuse Blocks.jpg

I would not go by color. Trace the wires. Make sure the new harness wiers go to the same places the old ones did. Color is not inportint. You don't know what could have ben fixed or changed on an old harnes.

I reviewed a wiring diagram I have for a 71 Duster...the red/pink feed accessories(cigar) and headlight. Pink went to dome light. As long as your fuses are same..it should be ok...

anyone else chime in!

BUMP!!!

I want to say here that I very much appreciate everyone's help! With your help, and I'm sorry I have to ask, I'll make it through this...(Plug and play is my friend)

I'm starting 3 threads tonight with questions so I appreciate everyone's patience with me.

have you looked at this website yet? http://www.mymopar.com/66to71_wiring.htm

keep in mind they are different year to year, but they can easily be interchanged with a few switching of wire positions.

I am running a '67 newyorker harness in my '68 newport and a '68 dart harness in the '71 swinger.

I have determined that I should be fine. The 69 harness was for most part identical. In terms of twin pinks and the red/pink being opposite between the two harnesses, I don't think really metters they both simply distribute power. I'm going with it until I find out I shouldn't have...

-
Back