Fuseable Link

-

Rbob

Reaction score
I was thinking of running my headlamp relays off of fuseable links just because I think it would look cleaner as opposed to hooking them to fuse holders.

Does it matter what you use really as long as there is protection?

It would be cool if there was a really small relay box with a fuse holder inside.

You may have enough room in your relay for this in line fuse, or do a nice custom fit next to it Rbob, I like the way the fusible links look but if it blows you will be replacing a new one, this way you can always have a fuse ready in you glove box.
I use this style when in need, I hope this helps some on your search to keep it neat and weather proof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mari...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3a5d1df939

You could always use an "automatic breaker" which would work exactly like the factory switch mounted breaker. I believe the reason the factory did that is that "headlights are so important."

If you're tootin' down the road, and get an intermittent short like, say, an abraided wire bouncing off the rad support, it's MUCH more important that the system "try to maintain" headlight function even though a wire is trying to short.

Just don't mount them near engine heat -- degrades the amperage they trip at.

Thanks for the link memike, nice heavy-duty and waterproof. I like it.

And yes I could mount the circuit breaker in place of the fuse.

-
Back