Future cat house

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Been trying for the last 2 years to get a building up so I have room for the other cars in Indy plus not have to move everything to get anything out of my current building

Got call at 6:30 am this morning that they planned on starting today

By 10:30 this morning this is where they were.

View attachment image.jpg

Will be 48' x 32' x 12' with scissor trusses one 10'x10' one 10'x8' and one 16'x8' OHD.

I'm tellin ya LMAO you should have made it bigger..........

(Of course these are not mine!!! LOL. They would be for sale it they were!!)

image_01-610x250.jpg

I'm tellin ya LMAO you should have made it bigger..........

(Of course these are not mine!!! LOL. They would be for sale it they were!!)

image_01-610x250.jpg

if I were smart I would be into VW beetles or Little Fiat 500s I bet you can fit two of them in the same space my B-body wagon takes and really A-bodies are beach whales compared to a lot cars out there. ....even I need a bigger storage space for all my mopar beach whales *****sigh****

either way .....always exciting to a shop go up. Great place to lock yourself in and forget about the negatives in the world ......just you and your car and a thing called happiness .....congrats

Will FABO members get a discount at this cat house? Maybe a two fer one special?

Will FABO members get a discount at this cat house? Maybe a two fer one special?

the more mopar cats you can get in one place the better, so two for one is a good deal then you'll never have a mouse problem.

Attachments

• 20150811_032226.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 516
if I were smart I would be into VW beetles or Little Fiat 500s I bet you can fit two of them in the same space my B-body wagon takes and really A-bodies are beach whales compared to a lot cars out there. ....even I need a bigger storage space for all my mopar beach whales *****sigh****

I can tell you from personal experience that you can store two early Beetles in the same space as one B-body wagon. But then you've got twice as many cars. Trust me, you don't want to go this route.

As much as I like VWs, the burnouts just don't compare. :D

Looks like it's happening Larry.
I'll have to come down and do some engineering as I am an engineer...
But you already knew that.:D

I thought all cat houses were in Nevada!???????

I decided the best garage would be built on the side of a good hill and be 2 story. drive into each story from ground level???? cool???

:thumbup: Congrats on getting a new home for the cars Wildcat!!

You might want to take a look at the LiftMaster jackshaft garage openers. No overhead tracks....:)

:thumbup: Congrats on getting a new home for the cars Wildcat!!

You might want to take a look at the LiftMaster jackshaft garage openers. No overhead tracks....:)

Close to the end of day 2

Probably will do jack shaft, the right bay will be to put my car hauler in, car included. Will pull the trailer in so I can still put car in and out with trailer inside the barn. Have a electric trailer mover that I can move the trailer with as well as a skid steer.

Yes would have loved to have built a 64x44x14, but since this will not be my last house, I'm over built now. When I go to sell hope like hell can find someone interested in a 1,700 sq ft house with a 30x36 and a 32x48 out building plus a large 2 car garage. The new building will be the clean man cave and the old will be for the lawn equipment and work area.

We are adding another OHD to the back of the old building to make it easier to get stuff in and out. Will be able to park truck in one bay, have the lift in the rear and still have room for mower, golf cart and whatever.

I thought all cat houses were in Nevada!???????

I decided the best garage would be built on the side of a good hill and be 2 story. drive into each story from ground level???? cool???

Looked at a house a few years back that had a 24x32 attached garage and then a drive in basement that could hold lots of cars. The man that built the house was into model Ts and guess he had the basement full of cars and parts. This place also had a 50'x100' pole barn in the back yard. House needed a lot of work and seller wasn't wanting to deal. Had a guy want to rent it for business but that didn't work out well for him since it wasn't zoned for it and the ritzy neighborhood behind it complained about the dump trucks.......

Not sure if they will get done tomorrow due to the rain coming in

But they started last Wedensday and not over the weekend so this is the end of day 4

I would have went with red and white like my last building, but my neighbor had his barn resided and did red and cream. Didn't want a red & white close to his, so went blue and white to match up better with the house.

Since I'm close to louisville will have to tell everyone NO IM NOT A UK FAN, but in looking at it today it looks like the colors on the old standard oil stations and RED CROWN is one of my favorite gas pumps, which is Standard Oil

Guys took the day off since it was raining all morning. Finally the sun came out this afternoon

Just have the north side to finish

Concrete guy came yesterday, electrican today and hope to hear from the gutter guy

It will not get finished till next year since it is so late in the year and getting concrete in probably will not happen till spring. That gives me till then to get building wired, insulated & other utilities.

Plan on getting some rock inside and be able to put trailers in for the winter.

Pretty nice shack you are building.
How much did it run you? If you don't mind me asking.
Prices vary tremendously depending on location.

Looks awesome! So no concrete inside? Or you mean for outside pad?
Next place will have a pole barn with stable doors for all the yard stuff and would love a shop strictly dedicated for cars. 500 sq ft shop and garden sheds aint cutting it no more..lol
Congrats can u tell Im jealous.

good looking building. Sure they can pour concrete inside during fall or winter. Just a little heat to keep from freezing till it cures.

-
Back