Future sellers please read

-
It's a done deal, henceforth (neat word eh) "for sale" ads that are missing required information, according to the rules, will have their contents removed/gouged out and replaced with the sentence.

Your Ad was deleted by staff. Please review the "for sale forum" rules before posting again. My delete key is allready bussing with excitement.:blob:

Terry

It makes one wonder how valuable a member is with less than 20 posts now doesn't it. I say delete them, with a PM sent telling them to do it the right way.

I read the rules before posting, it's not rocket science.

I'm not sure if I read your post correctly or not... I was just saying that some people don't have that much to say... and others here have way too much to say and that you can't judge a member by the amount of post that they have. I agree though and I said it before, if you don't bother to read or follow the rules, delete it!!

Just trying to get my post count up so I too can be a more valuable member!! :finga:

I agree with either a post count or a certain amount of time being a member before u can sell items, I agree with deleting ads when someone cant follow rules,
then theres the members ( many long time ones ) that feel the need to comment or complain about pricing etc. I believe thats in the rules too??

Anyone can join and list something for sale, and when they sell a part and it's junk what do you do then? Thats why I thought a post count is a good idea...I would buy something from MeMike tomorrow knowing he has so many post compared to someone who just signed up?

OOPS,REPLIED ON PAGE ONE,READ BOLD

I do not see way you waste your time to ask and wait for them to correct their ad !
Maybe it is just to polite !!!
If I posted an ad and you deleted it,I think I could figure out and re-post it right.
Got to have rules and go by the rules.
Delete them and go on!
On the post count issue,at minimum they need to introduce themselves in the welcome wagon.
TXDart

I agree 110%. If they can't/don't read the rules, delete their ad. If it is their 2nd post & it is obvious they are just here to sell parts & not read or follow rules, I wouldn't want to buy from them. This site is a great resource for knowledge, advice, help & parts. I am way more apt to deal with someone that has history here with numerous posts than some new guy wanting to make some quick money. My trust level goes up knowing someone has been a part of this forum for years, not days. Obviously, we all have to start at some point, I do not have a lot of posts yet but I am able to read, understand & follow basic rules. I only try to make positive, helpful posts. I have dealt with a couple of guys on here that get pissey if you ask them the simplest of questions & I had one member agree to a deal & then sell the part to someone else for more money out from under me but I have tried not to let a couple idiots keep me away from this site.
I say delete away!

The rules are really nothing more than common sense. I say delete away. Also what about this? How bout a week's worth of a ban for people who keep havin threads deleted? Maybe a three time offender? Cause that's just more work for yall.

I agree completely agree with this and hope that the staff members can do it anonymously, so they don't get "pissy" PM's from the offending member!! :argue:

Your Ad was deleted by staff. Please review the "for sale forum" rules before posting again.

Terry

quote: How bout a week's worth of a ban for people who keep havin threads deleted? Maybe a three time offender? Cause that's just more work for yall

Not to worry SS, members that can't conform will no longer be members, that's kind of the way it's always been.

I say do what you need to do. I've been on this site for a year, I think I just hit 100 posts.. I don't know why people just dont read the rules. When some of the most senior members here give you a heads up about the way you might not have posted something correctly as a help, gives no one the right to be pissey about it.
I travel and sometimes sitting in the hotel room in the evenings I just read the threads of what hard work someone has done to put their car together. Or peruse till I find the info I need for my car. I've been burned on parts from here by a few that are here today gone tomorrow people on this site and, I've gotten some great deals and parts from people that have been a part of this site for a lengthy time. So as a newbie I think it should be a mandatory amount of thread postings before you can try to sell anything. Then you get a feel for those on here who are legit.. Just my $.02 worth...

At present there are no plans to institute a post count system. Probably to hard to regulate among other things, and most of you guys are right by saying that a new member with a low post count (eg. less than 50) is going to have trouble selling stuff anyways. Trust is a fickle thing usually comes with time and experience.:D

I agree completely agree with this and hope that the staff members can do it anonymously, so they don't get "pissy" PM's from the offending member!! :argue:

I'm not worried about pissy PM's C, remember I have the "delete" key, and some people just need to be reminded of that fact.:D

Here's a good idea...we use it on one of the other places I frequent

Date:
Username:
Full Name:
City, State, Zip:
Price:
Description:

I'm not sure if I read your post correctly or not... I was just saying that some people don't have that much to say... and others here have way too much to say and that you can't judge a member by the amount of post that they have. I agree though and I said it before, if you don't bother to read or follow the rules, delete it!!

Just trying to get my post count up so I too can be a more valuable member!! :finga:
i myself dont post on here very much but i am on here nearly everyday reading the post and comments from other members im kinda in the process of fixing my first abody and theres alot i dont know but have learned alot just by reading the post on here so i dont see where i need to add a comments or start post that are already here. but to help finance my build i do post some stuff on here for sale and have had good luck selling and buying on here.anyway i dont see how many post you have makes any difference whether its 1 or 10,000.

Let's just banned them for being stupid the first time! Hammer down:burnout:
That should at least stop them from being a repeat offender. lol...

I kinda have to disagree about a min post count. It's like that at another sight and I find it quite annoying.

Would agree that 3 time offender needs to be banned for a while,maybe wake up?

Well the way I see it is that it dont matter if they have 1 or 10,000 posts the only thing is if their only posts are for sale ads...if their showing a real interest in the site then post count shouldn't matter as long as their not just posting sale ads then dropping off the radar.

I think,
(this is from a member who has been band, and scolded, and stoned)
You need to have 25-30 post before you can try to sell something and the post can't be in the politics section!

You know I love the Mods!

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why do you have these rules anyway? If some tool has the last part I need to finish my car I'll put up with some crap to get it. It's better than not seeing the ad at all.

On the other hand if you guys deem the rules are 100% necessary you don't owe any explanation if you want to delete the post.

i wont even ask about parts if they dont have pics
x2

i have 1 sock on
x2

The thing is, the rules are there to help the seller and the potential buyer.
It makes you wonder, why deal with someone that can't follow simple rules and then gets pissy about it?
Sounds like a great person to deal with to me.....

-
Back