Fyi

-

skips dart

Reaction score
Thought I would bench fit a new Quick Time Bellhousing to my # correct 69 4gr Dart.Glad I did as I found that the clutch fork pivot bracket they supply is 1/2" out of position and would have caused clutch pedal binding if installed as is.I called them and asked if I had the wrong pivot bracket but they said no--- and informed me that some earlier fork mounting required the position to be moved?????and said they might be adding extra holes in the future to correct this issue.So I drilled and tapped 2 extra holes 1/2" away from the centerline of the bell housing bore, now the fork tips are sitting correctly on the centerline of the release brg.Maybe this has already been discovered by other guys but I thought I would throw it out there.

Attachments

• DSCF0078.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0079.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 195
I hope you are also planning on checking bell alignment on the block.

Years ago 4 of us all had Lakewoods on various engines--Chivvy, Buick V6, and my 340 Landcruiser. All 4 needed to be shimmed, and the one for the V6 Bluck had "the pattern" for a Ford toploader. Guy's toploader + transfer was ROTATED DOWN because the boltpattern was wrong!!

Yes I will be checking all and indicating the housing bore off the crank rotation when I get the motor reassembled ,hopefully I won,t have to play with offset dowels.

-
Back