Game Camera Surprise

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
We have been hearing noises coming from our gated deck (the gates rattling) just after dark for the last few nights.

I get up and go look and nothing is there.

So, I put a game camera at the South end of the house to see what is coming and going.

I was expecting to see one of our four cats, the neighbors dogs or a coon or possum.

This is what I had on camera this morning.

Bear 7 24 18-1.jpg

Literately took my breath away when I saw the video.

South End of our house early this morning 7/24/18.

I guess we will have to be a little more cautious around here for a while.

Herb

We have been hearing noises coming from our gated deck (the gates rattling) just after dark for the last few nights.

I get up and go look and nothing is there.

So, I put a game camera at the South end of the house to see what is coming and going.

I was expecting to see one of our four cats, the neighbors dogs or a coon or possum.

This is what I had on camera this morning.

View attachment 1715202914

Literately took my breath away when I saw the video.

South End of our house early this morning 7/24/18.

I guess we will have to be a little more cautious around here for a while.

Herb
Yikes! Looks a bit like my ex! Beware!

I have heard that a Bear with Long Legs is called A Dog Bear.

I bet your happy you didn't see anything when you went to see what was rattling the gate

… looks like it's missed a few meals..

That’s a cub that is probably just over 2 years old and has been sent out on its own by the mama.

They get into everything trying to learn how to survive on their own. That bear will round out and grow into his long legs by the time Winter gets here.

That is a little one.
The best way to get rid of it, is after dark, leave treats by the neighbors house.
It will go away then.........

about 20" at shoulders judging by the brick

watch your cats, don't bears eat small mammals?

I am from Alaska, so anything under 200 pounds is just a baby. ;-)

!!!!!!!

I just bought a surveillance system for our house.. YI Home Camera system was $70 on prime day. Pretty cool! Came with 4 cameras, power cords (just like a phone charger) connects to wifi and alerts you on your phone when there's movement as it records. I sat them in the windows looking out. I need to get SD cards for them because right now they only record 6 seconds at a time. I'm pretty pleased with them. Every day price is $89 on amazon and there's no fee to use them. I'd probably poop my pants if I saw a bear on one tho

The young adult bears are usually the fearless aggressive ones.
They cause the most problems.
Fewer bears around here now since they built a campground a mile or so away two years ago.

-
Back