Garage sales, yeehaw!

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went to a couple of sales today just for grins, and the second one I went to, score!

I have been wanting a Sirius Radio set up for my big truck for a while, and just wouldn't spend the money on it.

I was looking at some CD"s that were laying there, and after snagging The Who-Quadrophenia and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Californication I happened to open the lid to a box sitting next to them and low and behold a BRAND NEW Sirius Starmate with ALL of the goodies included still in the sealed packaging, for get this, TWO BUCKS!!! I also picked up a JVC 200 watt AM/FM/CD system for the truck as well for 20 bucks, BRAND NEW.

I already activated it, and now just gotta go throw it in the truck. I love the idea of picking a few Classic rock stations and I can get them where ever i am in the US.

So how does everyone that has Sirius like it?!?!

We had it for a while when I got the Lincoln...but it's kind of like listening to a radio station without any commercials which is good...but still listening to what they want to play. I like the Harddrive just download the CDs to it and listen to what I want to listen to, when I want to. Couse I also have the opinion of hooking up my ipod...phone...etc. But there are a lot of cool stations on Sirius.

I love garage sales ....that's where I find a lot of models some complete and some not. The incomplete ones are fun because they usually a dollar or two and makes the imagination go wild :)

We had it for a while when I got the Lincoln...but it's kind of like listening to a radio station without any commercials which is good...but still listening to what they want to play.

Yeah, I hear ya on the what they want to play part, but for me, because I Move around so much I can't always get radio reception, at least what I want to listen to.

I also carry about 100 CD's with me and my MP3 player so having music isn't an issue. I like the Sirius because I get the rock stations, some talk radio that I like and weather at the push of a button for different areas I'm in.

Football games too!

I have had it now for years, can't beat it. I like the drive across several states and never loose the station. Once my wife found out how to work it, she now runs the radio when on vacation.

Love garage sales ,swap meets,bartering & trading. Unfortunately,no storage room for any more....

My two best yard sale scores were a set of 4 NOS 68 Plymouth dog dish hub caps that were marked $5 and I offered him $3 and he said OK. The other was a pair of the small hood scoups from a 69-70 B-body with 383 emblems on them and the chrome pieces in perfect condition. Them had a price tag that said VW parts and $5.

I have XM in my car when I bought it. Now its Cirrius/XM and its great. Only times I lost reception is in tunnels, wrong side of mountains or buildings. Other than those few times its fantastic. XM has specials. I mean where they showcase one group for hours! I love Pink Floyd so I'm in heaven when that happens. Great buy, I would love to find a deal like that.

Got them installed, looking forward to it.

The stock radio I took out worked, a little when it wanted to, this will eliminate that aggravation.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 252
I love garage sales ....that's where I find a lot of models some complete and some not. The incomplete ones are fun because they usually a dollar or two and makes the imagination go wild :)

Rani models, model trains, fishing tackle, poles, and paint. and the normal TOOLS anything thats usable in half decent shape! Ohh and storage items, for tackle, or model parts, and even cabinets, for such from old sewing rooms work great too!

Huge garage sale area where I live. I bought a wall clock for $20. The person told me it was a 100 years old.....yeah right. I just bought it because it looked cool. I took it to an antique shop for giggles. The owner offered me $700. If he was willing to pay that I can imagine what he would sell it for!

I kept it! It looks cool.

I have sirius in my big truck but still use Pandora off my cell phone . that way I can listen to the artist I want to hear not what they want to play and Pandora is FREE

I liked Sirius a lot before the Sirius/XM merger - they killed my favorite channel - I didn't renew but one year after that

great find for cheap. i have pandora, and just plug it into my mustang, HHR, stereo in my shop, or my wifes van if im driving it. that seems to work for me plus its free.

i drive a trk also and ive owned xm for 3 yrs.i love it i like 70,s 80,s classic rewind and such also laugh use and the radio classics.rarely listen to regular radio anymore.

Huge garage sale area where I live. I bought a wall clock for $20. The person told me it was a 100 years old.....yeah right. I just bought it because it looked cool. I took it to an antique shop for giggles. The owner offered me $700. If he was willing to pay that I can imagine what he would sell it for!

I kept it! It looks cool.

Whoa, that's a deal right there.

I hit another one in town today while taking my Grandson shopping for some school stuff.

Tool box, three complete sets of Snap On wrenches, misc wrenches and some ball peen hammers. Mac Tools roll around stool also.

All for the overwhelming sum of 60 bucks!!!

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 146
  • wrench.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 138
:tongue9: After pricing these out, I fell out of my chair.

I have always had some Snap On tools but really can't justify the price for a home shop, but holy sh.............

The set on the right priced out at 510 bucks, the center set priced out at 204 bucks and the left set 197 bucks.

Jackpot!!

Whoa, that's a deal right there.

I hit another one in town today while taking my Grandson shopping for some school stuff.

Tool box, three complete sets of Snap On wrenches, misc wrenches and some ball peen hammers. Mac Tools roll around stool also.

All for the overwhelming sum of 60 bucks!!!

I really don't like you right now Bruce.....

I really don't like you right now Bruce.....

LMAO, you may really hate me after next weekend. He has a very nice compressor that I'm gonna try and snag. If selling these items at the price he did is any indication, I might be able to get it for 150 bucks or something, hopefully it's still there when I go back.

-
Back