Gas cap grommet 1968 Dodge Dart

-

Peini

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am looking for a fuel cap grommet NOT the gas filler tube grommet at the tank but the one on the inside of the gas cap. Attached some pictures. Any hint where to find that grommet? I searched the internet and the forum already but without any success.
Thx
Chris

20240116_131226.jpg

20240116_131222.jpg

20240116_131151.jpg

20240116_131146.jpg

20240116_131142.jpg

If you can get in touch with the cap manufacturer, they may have the seal you are looking for. What you have looks like a Stant locking gas cap.

If you can get in touch with the cap manufacturer, they may have the seal you are looking for. What you have looks like a Stant locking gas cap.
Great idea, thanks a lot!
Maybe you could steal one off this cheap cap or use it until you find the right one.
1968 DODGE DART 5.6L 340cid V8 Fuel Tank Cap | RockAuto
Again: great idea! Now that I know that it is a Stant locking cap I will check. Thanks!
Might be but I will try to get a new grommet first.

Locking gas caps are somewhat of a thing from the way back gas crisis, besides being unattractive. Are you concerned about someone stealing your gas? I would go with a painted stock reproduction, but that's just me.

Locking gas caps are somewhat of a thing from the way back gas crisis, besides being unattractive. Are you concerned about someone stealing your gas? I would go with a painted stock reproduction, but that's just me.

Although gas prices are quite high this is not my concern and the reason. I just like the look of it to be honest and would like to go with this rusty, dented piece.

-
Back