gas gauge dilema

-

newby

Reaction score
Just bought my first mopar,68 dart gts.:-D Gas gauge and temp gauge not working. Trying to sort out problem, could be fuel sender, voltage regulator,or ground strap correct? Where is ground strap located on this car. Also was air conditioned originally no longer, previous owner removed could this also cause gauge malfunctions?,lots of stuff unhooked from heating and air conditioning controls. No winshield washer res. either see manual and electric on ebay which one?

First off,welcome to FABO.Your ground for your fuel gauge will be up under where your fuel line runs up to your sender on the front of the tank.Look up above your rearend,should beable to see it and wiggle to see if connected.(Have a friend check to see if the gauge moves while wiggling the wire.)Good luck.

Thanks for the welcome and the know-how, was exactly where you said. Guess what,that's not it. Tried gounding the wire from the gauge with key on, gauge didn't move,I'll try replacing voltage limiter. Any way to test the current limiter to see if it's junk?

You can pull the connector off the temp sender and ground it to test also.
The heat a/c controls aren't relative to the instrument problem.

ordered voltage regulator going to replace this weekend. Thanks for the feedback, I'm super impressed in my short time of owning a mopar with the passion in the mopar family. Never ever had comments from the chevy or ford world like of gotten with the GTS. Newer is deffinately not better!

-
Back