Gas gauge

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Reaction score
Hey guys, anybody know where I can get a replacement gas gauge for a 1984 d100? The wires connecting the gauge to the posts broke and in trying to fix them I managed to cut one off. Can't find any online and the local scrapyard didn't have any suggestions. Haynes manual says the sending unit runs 5-8 ohms when full and 60-75 ohms when empty. If I need to I can rivet the old face to a new gauge.

I believe so. There's no differentiation in the manual.

Is this what you have? From a 1992.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

So, this is what it looks like. Like I say, I can put the face of this one on the body of a different one. It just needs to be the right resistance. There should be posts on the back like normal. I removed them when I was attempting to fix it.

20240324_170941.jpg

20240324_170931.jpg

I MIGHT have one. I have a 84 D-100, and 88 D-150. If I remember correctly, they use the same gauges. I think I have some spare gauges from when I added gauges to my D-100 that had idiot lights. If you don't find anything, and I don't respond by tomorrow evening, send me a PM.

I MIGHT have one. I have a 84 D-100, and 88 D-150. If I remember correctly, they use the same gauges. I think I have some spare gauges from when I added gauges to my D-100 that had idiot lights. If you don't find anything, and I don't respond by tomorrow evening, send me a PM.
Alright, will do.
You are lucky. I have a nice fuel gauge. I tested it and it is fine. If interested send me a message.
Fellas, this is not a parts wanted thread. JSmith, if you are looking for parts, start a Parts Wanted thread in the Marketplace forums. Charley, please don't jump in and sell parts unless you are answering an ad. That's the way the site works. THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back