Gas Quality

-
I'm skeptical...wonder if 'Top Tier' is for real. Probably another case of b.s. 'they' want us to believe. The couple times I used Quik Trip gas in my Crown Vic it was pinging noticeably.

Here in San Diego, unless there are still a few independents trucking their gasoline down from LA, all the gasoline is the same stuff as it all comes out of the same pipe at the fuel farm. The only real difference at the pump is the additives that each brand uses.

I'm skeptical...wonder if 'Top Tier' is for real. Probably another case of b.s. 'they' want us to believe. The couple times I used Quik Trip gas in my Crown Vic it was pinging noticeably.
The domain is registered to General Motors. I'm not sure whether or not they have an interest in promoting certain companies... lost track of that stuff long ago.

Let us talk about the new gas. Ethanol. Owning an inboard/outboard 5.7 chebby, and being in boat forums for years: Any ethanol eats up old hoses, gums up in the tank, absorbs moisture, pings like hell (only mech advance in a boat, and the old high compression.). Won't store over the winter, unless you go broke on seafoam. More filters. Pulled 40 gallons out of my tank last month, shined a light in it; gunk on the bottom.(pulled and cleaned shiny 2 years ago). There is no way that any company that mixes ethanol in gas (gov mandated), can say with a straight face, that their gas is good.
And put that crap in my 70 Duster, advertised 10.5? NO.
Flushing my new fuel cell and braided lines; 10 gallons Forced through it seemed to clean the debris out. Clear gas. I let it sit a week, and put a glass filter on, to start it. Gas had turned red, and had tiny bits of black(fuel line) in it.
I never have seen this until 10% ethanol.

The Phillips brand in my area had been using real gas. I can get better fuel economy on it, than the 10% stuff. They even had banners promoting "real gasoline". Now thats changed, I went to my usaul station, it now has the 10% stuff. I guess they decided to put better profits in front of what the customer likes. This station was the only one in town that sold the real fuel & you were always in line waiting to get fuel. Not anymore, no waiting now.
We quit using the Quik Trip diesel in our service trucks, lousey fuel milage.
I went to Sears to get a carb kit for my 11 year old mower. They asked what fuel I was running. They are have warranty concerns with the bio-fuels.

Here in Stillwater Oklahoma we have a group that owns most of the gas stations and they are under many brands. They have their own trucking to haul the gas. I see the truck going to all the stations and do fuel drops off the same truck. I followed him one day to three different brand stations and watched.

been reading a few articles on ethanol with 10% in our gas today it really breaks down a lot of components in the fuel system. I will be taking this into account when I design my new fuel system.

-
Back