Gas station melt down

-
If it was a little kid and I was in a Duster, Demon, or Roadrunner, I'd show 'em the cartoon characters.
Those cartoons are what got me hooked on Mopars as a little kid (until The General came out, and cemented everything), because in my little kid mind, I thought, "Hey, I know that Roadrunner! What a cool car!!"

Dad's an idiot, they made that Nova for quite a number of years :-D

Let me set the scene for you.. i am 21 yrs old.. driving my 73 plymouth duster (360 3.23 posi) my dad and i built.. pulled into a gas station to put some 93 in her. Everytime i drive her i always get some looks as usual.. makes me feel good.. anyways i go in and pay come back out and a father/son duo pull up to the next pump and they are checking out the car while i am gassing her up.. now i normally get "wow what a nice mopar" or "what is that 360 wedge on the hood mean" but not this fellow..
the son asks that world famous question.. wow dad what a cool car what is it??.. and that dad says... " well son they only made this nova in 72".. i then dropped my gas gap i held in my hand.. my first experience of being called a piece of chevy!!!

73 duster (360)
71 demon (360)
72 dart (383)
75 scamp (318)

Get used to it, there are idiogts everywhere!

-
Back