Gas Tank Repair

-

mokid

Reaction score
I'm looking for some type of repair kit for my JD Garden Tractor. Patched it with JB Weld about 1-1/2 years ago, and it started leaking again today (the JBW failed). I know this does not sound MoPar, but, if I get the yard mowed, then I will be able to go back to working on my Dart. Recommendations would be appreciated..........jas

I'm assuming it's a metal tank? If it's easy to pull, do so, and then fill it with water. You may have to plug some holes to hold the water in. With the leak up top, clean the leak area real good and then soldier a sheet metal patch over it. Flip it back over and check for leaks. If good, drain and dry the inside of the tank and you're back in business.

I'm looking for a 2 part sealer (hopefully in tubes). Have been told about Belzona 1111 Super Metal and Pro Seal, but have had no success in finding them locally. The stuff I have found has some sort of a mat with a tube type sealer applied. I temporarily fixed my leak, so will keep looking. Thanks for the replies...........jas

find a boat place and get marinetex,i works great on metal and plastic,have used it several times,they have a website also

-
Back