Gas tank support bracket

-
On a 65 mustang the tank bolts to the floor.....

Oh wait you might be working on a Mopar.

What car?
What year?
What body?

If you are adding the strap support from a 68-76 due to 67's do not have the dual straps the mount slips through the floor. After cutting the slots slip it though an spot or tack weld it in place then seam seal it.

If you are adding the strap support from a 68-76 due to 67's do not have the dual straps the mount slips through the floor. After cutting the slots slip it though an spot or tack weld it in place then seam seal it.
The hard part is reinforcing the cross member for the other end of the straps. I wonder how other folks do that. I am thinking about opening a window in the floor and tacking in the reinforcement. Its been a while since I have visited the situation.

67 Dodge Dart gt.
67 dart strap mounts left to right with a single strap. The strap hooks into the rear frame rails.

There is no brkt that is welded to the trunk floor (and why it is important to know the year and car before answering the question)

Drivers side

PXL_20230209_172934438.jpg

Passanger side
PXL_20230209_172910284.jpg

67 dart strap mounts left to right with a single strap. The strap hooks into the rear frame rails.

There is no brkt that is welded to the trunk floor (and why it is important to know the year and car before answering the question)

Drivers side

View attachment 1716046993

Passanger side

View attachment 1716046994
It would also be helpful to understand the OP's intensions. I did assume some here. I am in the middle of this modification, mostly for exhaust clearance with a mini tub. Plus, I think it is a better way to retain the tank as did Chrysler.

It would also be helpful to understand the OP's intensions. I did assume some here. I am in the middle of this modification, mostly for exhaust clearance with a mini tub. Plus, I think it is a better way to retain the tank as did Chrysler
I got ya, I make assumptions based on my 67, but I try to get the info first, I'm not perfect.

Like answering a slant 6 question based on V8 knowledge. Op did not point out that they were working on a slant but they posted the question in the slant 6 forum, I missed that little part :lol:

I want to reiterate that it is very helpfully for posters to list the basics as line one of their post.

Car
Year
Body style (convert, 4dr etc)
Engine
Trans
Rear
Modifications (electrical, mechanical, etc)

Certainly some info may not be relevant for a particular question. But the first 2 are mandatory

Stepping down off my soap box

67 being converted to 68 and above, seeing I replaced shock crossmember with amd with slots. New trunk floor came with support bracket. Gt, 340, 4 speed, 825 suregrip. Thank.

20211122_150712.jpg

-
Back