gas tank vents

-

wireweld

Reaction score
On a 72 dart swinger that had a 318, but will be replaced with a 416, do I have to use the emissions canister that is on the car or can I eliminate that and plug the vents on the gas tank. I will be replacing the fuel lines with braided 3/8" line?
Thank you

I'm assuming that you're using some type of high performance fuel pump. You will need a vent for that tank. I just used the stock cap and drilled a couple of holes in it to allow it to vent through the cap. Havent had any problems.

I'm also wondering what to do with mine. I'll be ordering a new tank in a week. Mine has 4 vent lines on it. I'll be running a 3/8" sending unit and fuel line in to a carter street pump.

yes i will be using a holley fuel pump, I would like to eliminate the canister to free up room in the engine compartment.

Are there any other options here? I'd rather not drill the cap out, and I am using the OEM system with the line for now.

Thanks, ROB

Im keeping the stock vent line in place and just not running the return line.

My car has two outlets. One is fuel, and one is vent.

So your saying that you are just leaving the vent open on the tank?

Thanks, ROB

My car has 4 vents and 1 return line. Im hooking the 4 vent lines back up and plugging the return.

My concern is that I may run dumps in front of the rear axle.

I would imagine that having gas fumes under the car on a hot summers day with dumps would not be good.......

I may leave the line that went to the canister and just leave it open well away from the tank.

-
Back