Gasket search

-
Reaction score
I am looking (searching everywhere) for the rubber gasket that goes between the tail light assembly and the body on my 1964 Barracuda.
Any suggestions?

I am looking (searching everywhere) for the rubber gasket that goes between the tail light assembly and the body on my 1964 Barracuda.
Any suggestions?

Try this item number on ebay........ 320121731274
See if it is what you are looking for.
Hope it helps.
I've ordered stuff from these people and they make some good stuff.
A little pricey but when you need it.......what can you do??
Good luck.
Greg........mtn_jake

Any suggestions?

Think he means the hard rubber gasket that goes between the edge of the housing and the body. I'd like to be able to do those eventually but the 3D reverse engineering and tooling costs are prohibitive.

Eventually I hope I can get into the rubber and plastic parts.

Thanks guys. You too Jim (DMT) I AM looking for the hard rubber piece. Good things come to those who wait. In good time Jim will win the lottery and get the equiptment he need to create what I need.

Dave

Layson,s has it in last years catalog. RD65CTHGP $49 pair. I just checked on their website & the number couldn't be found. Maybe the "RD" in the part number means "Research & Development".

I got a phone call today left on my answering machine from Layson's: The taillight gaskets I ordered a year ago are now in. (I don't need them anymore, I made my old ones work good.) Give Laysons a call soon.

We do have a VERY limited supply of these gaskets available....and I do mean VERY limited supply!!!! We received some 64-65 Cuda tail light bezels that did not meet our quality standards, so we have a couple of pairs of these housing-to-body gasket pairs available.

-
Back