Gauge Cluster Swap

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
Is it possible to put a 64 valiant gauge cluster in a 64 dart? I love the way the valiant clusters look and would love to put one in my car as my current cluster has issues anyway.

Isn't the 64 Dart instrument cluster a difference shape from the 64 Valiant? Could probably be done adding /cutting metal from the dash to make the 64 fit. Easiest is to use the complete dash from the Valiant, it's a bolt-in to any 64-66 A Body. For example, I'll be swapping in a complete 66 Barracuda dash (with extras) into my 65 Dart wagon.

Isn't the 64 Dart instrument cluster a difference shape from the 64 Valiant? Could probably be done adding /cutting metal from the dash to make the 64 fit. Easiest is to use the complete dash from the Valiant, it's a bolt-in to any 64-66 A Body. For example, I'll be swapping in a complete 66 Barracuda dash (with extras) into my 65 Dart wagon.
Yup, if you use the whole dash, wiring, and interstructure, they'll interchange from '63-6 A-bodies. Between years you may have to modify the wiring as the bulkhead connectors are different. Keep the transmission options in mind when you find a donor. '63-4 automatics need something with the push button controls on the left side of the dash or you'll have to do something custom.

-
Back