GAUGE CLUSTER SWAP

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Has anyone ever swapped there gauge cluster for another body style or year ? For example i really like the 68-70 charger gauge cluster. I think it would be awesome to find a way to put the charger gauge cluster in my 67 barracuda. Yea i know i could make and fab a gauge cluster with after market gauges & make it look like it but to me it wouldnt be the same.

To use the 68-70 charger cluster in your 67 A Body, you would need the Charger’s metal frame to fit what you need into your dash frame. Anything can be done with lots of planning, lots of measurements, slicing and diving and welding it all together. A spsre 67 frame to go with the Charger frame would certainly be helpful.

I am using a 66 Barracuda cluster in my 65 Dart wagon, further modified with Dakota Digital gauges. By using the 66’s metal dash, it’s all a bolt-in.

I can cut weld & fab if need be now all have to do is find a junk metal dash frame from a charger i dont want cut up a good one the same with my barracuda frame

I don't know the dimensional differences, but it might not be much wider. The hood on that Charger is NARROWER than your hood, mostly because the top of the fenders is wider. All you can do is grab a dash and see what has to be done...

It would be cool to add the new Dakota Digital RTX 1968 - 1970 Charger gauges.

BE2B331E-8DAD-41B2-8383-A7803BEE47B8.jpeg

I read somewhere about expensive dash lighting on chargers?? Or is that for 66 and earlier?
i did body and paint on a 66 charger for a lady and she sent out her gauge cluster because the lights didnt work all she said was it was over a $1,000 to have them fixed

Not all but many of those Chargers had iridescent gauge lighting and lighted needles. That wasn't LED or fiber optic lighting a plastic needle like todays instrument panels. The needle had a tiny wire wound on it to light it up. Iridescent backlighting required a transformer. That thing would shock the crap out of you too if you didn't know what you're messing with. These may be the most expensive gauges to renew.
66 Charger gauges.jpg

-
Back