Gauge restoration

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am planning to redo my gauge cluster shortly. I have found someone to do the plating and painting of the trim. I am also looking to have someone to go through the ralley dash gauges to ensure they are ready for another 40 years. Any recommendatins out there to have the speedo and tach looked at? I amy also consider changing the ammeter to a volt meter and eliminate the high current through the firewall . Any recommendations on volt meter conversions? Also has anyone changed the tach to a more modern electronic type? I remember seeing this option available somewhere.

Thanks

don't calibrate your fuel gauge! if you do it will not read correctly any longer unless you use the exact same setup it was used to calibrate it with.

I am planning to redo my gauge cluster shortly. I have found someone to do the plating and painting of the trim. I am also looking to have someone to go through the ralley dash gauges to ensure they are ready for another 40 years. Any recommendatins out there to have the speedo and tach looked at? I amy also consider changing the ammeter to a volt meter and eliminate the high current through the firewall . Any recommendations on volt meter conversions? Also has anyone changed the tach to a more modern electronic type? I remember seeing this option available somewhere.

Thanks

Dont fix what isn't broken and certainly dont trust someone else to. No one will offer you a 40 year warrenty on their work anyway. You can get a replacement tach from Year One.
Changing the guts of the amp meter in volt meter is commonly done with VDO brand gauge parts. Altering that gauge doesn't eleminate the high voltage through the firewall. It only changes the circuit at that gauge.
Altering the cars wiring harness would be on you.

-
Back