gauge suggestions

-

dustya70

Reaction score
hello all, in a bit of a bind and need some input i am going to be adding a set of aftermarket gauges (speedo,oil,water,volt,and fuel) the problem is i dont know what to do for a fuel gauge actually i dont know what ohms i need now i like the VDO cockpit royal series (i think the white face will give a nice contrast to the black bezel) but it has a 10-180ohms fuel gauge i am pretty sure that wont work so anybody run these that has a tip to help or any gauge suggestions that are reasonably priced would all be appreciated thank you for any help
david

You need a fuel gauge calibrated for empty 73 ohms and full 9.6. Also Cockpit Royale gauges have a graphics style from the 1930's and may look a little out of place in your car, but we're all different.

Saying "I dont know what ohms I need now" does not make sense. I believe what you mean to say is "I don't know what the resistance value of the sending unit is". The fuel sending unit is really just a variable resistor and a resistor is measured in ohms using an ohmmeter. I do also agree the proper value of resistance is approx. 10 to 70 ohms.

-
Back