Gave up and sold out...

-
Wow thanks for not slamming me for this huge change.. I have allot wrong with me and just cannot do the old stuff anymore..

I will keep on chatting on here and will post up pictures of the new ride when I get it home... I do know I want a 2012...

What was is the advantage of having a 2012?

I know nothing about these new challengers.

When I was looking at a new Challenger...you could get a new one almost as cheap as a two year old one. They really held their value back then.

I totally understand your move Boosted. I'm having a lot of health issues myself and really need to give up wrenching totally. Problem is I love it and no matter how much it hurts I still do what I can. I wish someone would come along and offer me a half way decent price on the Cuda cause I'd love to have a new Chally too. As some others said don't be a stranger.

BTW: why do you want a 2012 specifically?

The reason for the 2012 for me.. And this is just me.. It was the first year for the 392 and was displayed on the car. The prices for a low milage 2012 are in the upper $20k range so it is not out of reach for a SRT8. I want something I can pay cash for and not finance anything on. Also GA has this stupid law that whatever I buy I have to pay this thing called tax..lol...There is another $2k...

I am only looking for a 6 speed manual SRT8.. I would like to have a 13,14 or 15 but they are out of my cash money reach for the SRT model..

Well I just found my new to me SRT8..

Car has 40k miles, 6 speed and has a few upgrades. Dyno shows 533 rwhp and 491tq..Not bad.. Now I just have to wait to get it until next month but the owner and I have it all worked out.

Attachments

• 20141130_145640_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 20141130_145857_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 224
Happy trails in whatever you decide to do.

I don't get it myself because I am a few years out from the big three Oh so I hope to keep my dart for at least another 20 but you never know.

Either way I hope you don't stop coming here and keep livin the dream ......whatever dream that is :)

Far out man, looks nice.

It's always hard to let the old ones go, but I've considered doing the same thing.

Problem is I just don't have the funds available to get into a new (used) challenger, even if I did sell my Dart.

I was thinking about doing the same thing last year. I stuck it out and got a renewed interest in my Barracuda. I'm putting air conditioning in it right now. My first new car was a '71 Challenger. It would be cool if my last one would be a challenger.

Nice looking car. I can definitely understand the desire to do what you did. Last year I talked my wife into getting rid of the minivan and going to a new Charger R/T. It is a blast to drive and I ca think of plenty of upgrades I would like to do to it but here you can't even goose it getting on the highway without having a cop on your tail. Still plugging away at the cuda but so times I wonder if I will ever get it done

Nice car boosted! 533 to the wheels should be a lot of fun. I wish I could find one like that in that price range near me. I've looked and bone stock low mile SRT cars 3-4 yrs old are still selling at well over 30 grand here

It looks great! You'll have tons of fun with that one. The tranny's and clutches work like butter.

Sweet
You are going to love it.

That is a baddass looking SRT...love it!!! Whatever makes YOU happy is all that matters.....:glasses7:

Yea I still want the speed, I want a mopar and I want to be able to drive it to Cali if I want to with a/c on and stereo. Oh and it averaged 26.1 mpg on a 400 mile trip...

So it does everything I could ever want..The conversion on HP makes this around 617 at the crank... Not bad..

Just so you know.. there is a great deal on one in Atlanta..Stock but low miles and nice..

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4797319747.html

That is a fantastic deal. I appreciate the tip. Unfortunately I just had to spend a good part of the money I had to buy my niece a dependable car so I'm going to have to hold off getting one right now. If someone makes me a reasonable offer on the Cuda I'll be set, but until then....

I completely understand that. I have been through allot this year, poor health the sudden loss of my father and something just told me to it was time for that change.. If you ever get that itch for one I will be glad to help you look for one down this way.

Hey, boosted, I Just noticed... "Muscogee County". For about 25 years we had thanksgiving in Columbus with some friends we met the first week we moved to Macon.
I've also done quite a bit of work at Fort Benning, and at a number of churches around the Columbus area.

At 65 I now wish I wouldn't have taken on such a project car and just bought one that was either finished to my taste or close where I coulda finished it pretty easy. Too far into it now as I would lose a boatload of money if I sold out now.A newer Challenger is also something I would consider

Why would anyone bash you for doing what is best for you! A hobby should be fun, and when it's no longer fun, it is time for a change! Only you can make the change that fits you!! From old Mopars to your next favorite hobby, here's to your next phase in life!! :drinkers:Still wanna see you post as well, you've been a great member here and should still continue to be so!! Just cause you don't have an old car don't mean that you erased the memory banks and cleared the cookies does it??

There's a lot to be said about new car comfort and ease...enjoy the challenger. Im really digging the 2015 Shaker one. hmmmmmmmmmm... ;)

I completely understand that. I have been through allot this year, poor health the sudden loss of my father and something just told me to it was time for that change.. If you ever get that itch for one I will be glad to help you look for one down this way.

Appreciate the offer. I'll definitely keep it in mind when we're ready.

-
Back