Gear Pattern

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the Ford 9" I have going in Vixen. @Garrett Ellison and I have talked it over and we feel pretty good about this gear pattern. What do yall think? Sorry it's not 100% in focus, but you get the idea.
GEAR PATTERN.jpg

looks good, coast side the same??
I never even look at the coast side. Even if it's out, I'm not changing it since the drive side is so good. Itta be aight. lol I may go out and put some compound on the coast side just to see, but I've done this so long, I never pay attention to it and so far, I've never had one make noise.

Here's the coast side. Normally, the coast side falls right into place once you get the drive side good. If it doesn't, you may have a problem with how the gears were cut. This set pleasantly surprised me, because this is the cheapest Summit gears. They set up very well, though. 4:11 ratio.

GEAR PATTERN COAST SIDE.jpg

Both look good to me but I'm no pro. I've set up a few without issues until I had to do a Toyota 8.2 rear. gears are a flatter design. Now my trucks a whiner lol.

Looks like new money to me… the only way that gear would be noisier than usual is if were too soft and started wearing.

Here's the coast side. Normally, the coast side falls right into place once you get the drive side good. If it doesn't, you may have a problem with how the gears were cut. This set pleasantly surprised me, because this is the cheapest Summit gears. They set up very well, though. 4:11 ratio.

View attachment 1716155099

Both look about as perfect as anyone could get them.
Having done them professionally for decades I don’t think I ever saw a better pattern.
Nice job Rob.

Looks good.
I think most coast side issues are just a rub in the wrong direction..... :rofl:

I worked in the heavy off high drivetrain business for 16 years. I'd run them.

-
Back