gear vender od ?

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
i have a 73 scamp small block 4 speed...i was thinking about buying a gear venders od unit, however i emailed a couple of times with no reply, can anyone give me some insight on this unit and what i would need to install this unit

It replaces the tail shaft of your trans basically. Think in an Abody the floor needs a dimple for clearance. Nothing big though.

I have friends that use them and they do work well. Just doesn't have a great OD ratio like some of the other options out there. It will make a 3.55 great into about a 2.76 so if that's good for you then go for it. I would call them instead of emailing them.

Better off with a 6 speed conversion.

I guess that depends on where you stand with cutting the body. A 6spd is major surgery

Personally i think the GV is a good product UNLESS, you have a high output NA build. Apparently it doesnt like high stall converters and the OD ratio doesn't lend itself to low gears.

IF i keep my car auto, there is a good possibility i'm gonna put in a GV.

I guess that depends on where you stand with cutting the body. A 6spd is major surgery

Personally i think the GV is a good product UNLESS, you have a high output NA build. Apparently it doesnt like high stall converters and the OD ratio doesn't lend itself to low gears.

IF i keep my car auto, there is a good possibility i'm gonna put in a GV.
If youre keeping it an auto than go with the GM 200R4, no cutting the floor to make it fit and its all HYD to operate.

OP says 4 speed.

Wonder if he's considered a factory overdrive 3/4 speed.

Almost a direct bolt in and .75 o/d which is close to the GV .73

-
Back