Gears done - FINALLY!

-

72BlueSwinger

Reaction score
well ya'll, between stuff happening, work picking back up to full time, and a 5 - 6 month old little girl, I haven't been able to work on the gears in my car much, but I finally got em finished tonight. Took er for a test drive and no whining, no funny noises or smells, so looks like I did things at least close to right. Went from 2.45 open to 3.55 open, unfortunately. The suregrip I bought didn't fit properly for some reason, but other than that, this build wasn't that big of a deal. I have also decided that if I ever have to take this rear apart, or else build the 8.75 I have, I'm going at least 3.73, if not 3.91 on the gears. That's why I didn't want to spring for a brand new set of 3.55s. They're good, but not GREAT. Its just good to be driving old blue again. BTW.. it hits 60 considerably faster than it did before, and now it will push you back into the seat. Anyways, I'm excited that its finally done, and just thought I'd let everyone know, especially those who helped and gave advice. Thanks for all the input.

-
Back