Gen 2 Garage - Turbo Hurricane in a Duster

-

Just Send It

There goes the neighborhood!
Reaction score
Gen 2 Garage is one of my new favorite shows. It's Tommy from The Street Racing Channel and his girlfriend Allison and her Father, Jeff. The whole channel is about Mopars.

They were commissioned by Dodge to help debut the new Hurricane motor by having a race. The goal is they have to shoehorn it into a vehicle so they can compete against several other shops. Gen 2 Garage chose a Duster they had purchased previously as a vessel.

Follow along and help support these kids. Seeing young people getting involved warms my heart.

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Agreed. If they plan on using the Duster, that trans tunnel will have to be cutout and modified. I don't think there's a way around it. There's barely any room above the transmission with my 904. I couldn't imagine trying to fit that 8 speed in there with stock floors. Unless they can significantly lower the motor on the K-member

They should have seen enough already to choose another body...lol...the duster is quite nice at the moment...

Personally I would've gone with the Dakota. Much easier package to fit everything in. And they could put a remote radiator in the bed to give them even more room.

But if theyre sticking with the Duster, I'd buy a $300.00 trans tunnel kit from Chris Aliston and be done with it. Cut it. Rivet it in.

Fitment should be the easy part. It's all of the ancillary stuff like wiring, cooling, and testing that takes all of the time. And they only have 7 weeks to do it in. Not stressful AT ALL. lol

It's fortunate it's an ugly 72 but man that car looks killer with those wheels in orange.. don't know if I could chop it up myself

Man, that Hurricane is big and it's ugly. Looks like something out of an Abrams tank.

-
Back