Gen 3 hemi mounts with RMS alterkation k member

-

Aves

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone installing new hemi with the Alterkation front end has run into fitment issues with the mounts? I had to mill the bushing down .045" on both bushing to get them to fit into the mount on the k member. now the hole is roughly 3/8" off side to side :wack:

Troy

Mine slid right together. I agree with Joe and would have given Bill a call.

No problems with mine either. Any problems or questions I've had - I always called Bill before doing anything. He will do anything possible to solve the issue asap.

I was having the same problem with the side to side fit. I put my trans and engine in together so the trans would not line up with the mount. Loosen the engine mount plate that connects to the block a little. Once the engine is in then tighten the plate up again.

Trevor

Ditto what Joe said man for the price u paid should go together like butter.

before milling anything i think i would have called RMS

I did call Bill before milling the bushing to fit. He said unless I was trying for 1200 hp he would just bend ears out and make it fit. Unfortunately that is kinda the target :thumblef:. Found the side to side issue this during weekend so didn't have a chance to call yet. Will try in morning again to get ahold of him.

Troy

Anybody have the engine sitting uneven side to side . It looks it's off about 1/2" from front to back of wheel well

-
Back