General Lee today

-
I hate all General Lee's in the first place and these are just the icing on the cake.
They make the Pontiac Aztec look good and that's saying something

I don't like Whistlin' Diesel in the least, but his video on the Cybertwuk was spot on.

I am a retired OEM certified 50+ years heavy truck and automotive mechanic. I have NEVER
seen a more deadly engineering F!!!!p than this frame and receiver hitch on anything ever,
than what is on one of these so called trucks. Look at my post #20, before this video was out.
The TV ad from 1972 I mentioned is somewhere on this sight, I just can't find it. I think it was
in the joke section here. Someone better than me at searching might be able to find it. As far
as engineering goes all I can do is shake my head, UNBELIEVABLE!
That aluminum frame looks like about 11-guage extruded stock. NO alloy or heat treat could
work in that application. 11,000lb towing cap, I would not trust 1,100lb.
Here in northern NM I have seen 2 in the last month. 1 was on a roleback tow truck that the
rear bumper was hanging just like this video, I just did'nt look at it very close. Broke like in
this video? Can't say but makes you think.
The other one, I kid you not was at a store with a generator chained in the back running to
charge the damn thing so the owner could get back home. There were no public charging
stations I noticed around here untill this summer, now only see 1.
For us the closest grocery store is a 58mile round trip.

Our local tractor supply store stocks more generators that are made by champion just for
EV trunk charging than the regular backup/construction ones. Check out champions website.
Interesting times we live in.

Rick

Hey I just notice, where is the red x.
they got rid of it months ago because it hurt the precious lil feelings of certain members

unless you mean yellow streak or whatever his name was, i dont know, i got him on ignore

I am a retired OEM certified 50+ years heavy truck and automotive mechanic. I have NEVER
seen a more deadly engineering F!!!!p than this frame and receiver hitch on anything ever,
than what is on one of these so called trucks. Look at my post #20, before this video was out.
The TV ad from 1972 I mentioned is somewhere on this sight, I just can't find it. I think it was
in the joke section here. Someone better than me at searching might be able to find it. As far
as engineering goes all I can do is shake my head, UNBELIEVABLE!
That aluminum frame looks like about 11-guage extruded stock. NO alloy or heat treat could
work in that application. 11,000lb towing cap, I would not trust 1,100lb.
Here in northern NM I have seen 2 in the last month. 1 was on a roleback tow truck that the
rear bumper was hanging just like this video, I just did'nt look at it very close. Broke like in
this video? Can't say but makes you think.
The other one, I kid you not was at a store with a generator chained in the back running to
charge the damn thing so the owner could get back home. There were no public charging
stations I noticed around here untill this summer, now only see 1.
For us the closest grocery store is a 58mile round trip.

Our local tractor supply store stocks more generators that are made by champion just for
EV trunk charging than the regular backup/construction ones. Check out champions website.
Interesting times we live in.

Rick
Yep. I've seen plenty of people try to justify the hitch breaking off as "a crumple zone" or some failure on behalf of the operator.

Sorry, someone in engineering signed off on that when they didn't understand ductility, toughness, and fatigue, only UTS.

It's pretty obvious that the people that called that thing a truck have never done truck stuff. I suspect it was because they introduced it as a truck, then had to deliver and couldn't.

The Jurassic Park problem rears its head at Tesla on a daily basis

I don't like Whistlin' Diesel in the least, but his video on the Cybertwuk was spot on.

Not to derail this thread, but that guy is one annoying man-child! I ran through (most of) the video with my speakers on Mute initially, and I couldn't help but wonder why they were doing the stupid things they were doing.

With the speakers "On" the reason became clear: This guy has been rewarded with enough "clicks", and/or followers, that he thinks his stupid **** is funny. And apparently plenty of other people do as well....

How hard is it to beat the piss out of something (C4 to door panels? Really?), and then claim it's a POS when it doesn't stand-up to that level of abuse?

And perhaps even more to the point, how sad is is that people like this get "elevated", per se, in today's society?

(Rhetorical questions, please don't answer.)

People are stupid.

No worry it just a guy who never grew up and has no responsibilities and not much sense Good thing there are not too many around

Not to derail this thread, but that guy is one annoying man-child! I ran through (most of) the video with my speakers on Mute initially, and I couldn't help but wonder why they were doing the stupid things they were doing.

With the speakers "On" the reason became clear: This guy has been rewarded with enough "clicks", and/or followers, that he thinks his stupid **** is funny. And apparently plenty of other people do as well....

How hard is it to beat the piss out of something (C4 to door panels? Really?), and then claim it's a POS when it doesn't stand-up to that level of abuse?

And perhaps even more to the point, how sad is is that people like this get "elevated", per se, in today's society?

(Rhetorical questions, please don't answer.)

People are stupid.
Generally speaking, agreed, but he poked some pretty big holes in the pos Cyber truck

A friend at work just bought one of their cars, he showed me today that just plugged into household 120V it would be 80% charged by tomorrow evening.
He cannot use the Tesla chargers yet because "ownership had not been transfered, could be 3-5 days" even though it is registered, and tagged in his name.
But it may work out in the end, because he has a long commute, as long as he can get full charge overnight at his house.

-
Back