George Rays Drag strip

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As promised I got a few picture today at the oldest drag strip in the world.
Enjoy the pictures and folks having a day at the old short 1/8 mile track.

Drag race day 014.jpg

Drag race day 016.jpg

Drag race day 020.jpg

Drag race day 033.jpg

Drag race day 034.jpg

Drag race day 035.jpg

Drag race day 036.jpg

Drag race day 038.jpg

Drag race day 037.jpg

The timing lights was not working so everyone agreed to just have fun and next week end George will pay double the money, I walked and talked to a butch of some great old friends.

So everyone lined up and had a great day, They loved Victoria and there was a lot of old rods there today enjoying the 80 Degree weather.

Drag race day 041.jpg

Drag race day 043.jpg

Drag race day 022.jpg

Drag race day 020.jpg

Drag race day 044.jpg

Something went wrong with my camera , because all my last pictures I took just looked black with red lines it it :angry7: Man I was P.O when I got home and the good shots at the line with the guy doing the arm drop did not get them:angry7:

I won't be taking pictures for a while
Here are some when I first got there and walked around.

Drag race day 025.jpg

Drag race day 026.jpg

Drag race day 027.jpg

Drag race day 028.jpg

Drag race day 031.jpg

Drag race day 001.jpg

Drag race day 024.jpg

Drag race day 032.jpg

I saved these just for Nella or youngest member:happy10:. These old rods was from Tennessee and I have never seen them before

Drag race day 003.jpg

Drag race day 004.jpg

Drag race day 005.jpg

Drag race day 006.jpg

Drag race day 007.jpg

Drag race day 008.jpg

Drag race day 009.jpg

Looks like a fun day for everyone!You should,ve let Victoria breath down the 1/8th for fun!
I would have but man it sure was crowded :happy10: As you can see the barrel was out when I got there, They was working on the tree lights and timer

Drag race day 039.jpg

Here is something for you fishman =P~

Drag race day 021.jpg

Drag race day 012.jpg

An that would be George drinking a Mt Dew setting buy his car.
I have took two trips down the track with George back in the day for kicks.
I want to thank George for all he has dun for the folks and kids around our area. It keeps them off the streets and have something to look forward to after church and on each and every week end weather permitting :happy10:
The track was born 1962. Thank you George :cheers:

Then a nice Buick :happy10:

Drag race day 040.jpg

Drag race day 045.jpg

Drag race day 046.jpg

Drag race day 047.jpg

Where is this track? Nice variety of cars..............I went to Ware Shoals Dragway close to Greenville SC last night and there was not ONE Mopar there. Just a bunch of Chebbies and Mustangs.

Where is this track? Nice variety of cars..............I went to Ware Shoals Dragway close to Greenville SC last night and there was not ONE Mopar there. Just a bunch of Chebbies and Mustangs.
North east Arkansas about 10 miles from the Missouri line.
It is a BYOB and grill to have a good day enjoying a variety of cars.
Glad you enjoyed them 383Duster.

Thank you for letting me share my day here with my friends at FABO.
I see I have upset a member here for posting it :toothy10:

I see I have upset a member here for posting it :toothy10:

He'll get over it. Thanks for posting the pics Mike. I enjoyed them and wish I was there with ya.

Did you say that track was established in 62?

That place will never change,I remember going there with my buddies when we were in our teens,it still looks the same and everytime ive been there always had some grilled burgers,dogs and good cold beer.We used to go there every weekend.

Great pix memike, appreciate the effort it takes :thumbup: I like all brands too, but Mopars especially.

I had to save the pic of the starting line. That is drag racing nostalgia at its finest.....:burnout:

That place will never change,I remember going there with my buddies when we were in our teens,it still looks the same and everytime ive been there always had some grilled burgers,dogs and good cold beer.We used to go there every weekend.
I am glad you enjoyed it ace26. How long has it been since you have been there? You are right it is the same old place that I am glad we have here.
I go to Memphis a couple times a year and enjoy every 70 miles to get there.

It's been about 5 or 6 years since my last trip there.Friend took his car there to get his new rear setup dialed in abit.I actually live in Marion.But it's so close might aswell be Memphis.

Great pix memike, appreciate the effort it takes :thumbup: I like all brands too, but Mopars especially.

I had to save the pic of the starting line. That is drag racing nostalgia at its finest.....:burnout:
Thank you 6pk2go:happy10: I am glad you seen the old place. And it was a good day to get away from the house.
I am just wishing my camera did not go bad on me, I got some good shots at the line then I came home to find out my camera did not have then and don't work anymore. But I am sure there is a back up camera here at the house :happy10:

nice pix mike. i told the wife that i was going to take her out one weekend comeing soon and she asked were to, lol i looked at Mafia and smiled. lol she didnt think it was funny as i did .8)

-
Back