German engineering

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
As many of you know, I picked up (stole for $500) a 1990 BMW 735i at the end of last year to be my new daily driver and was stunned that even with over 190,000 miles on it it was still as good as it was when it was new other than some peeling clear coat. Well, I can now say I know why BMWs cost so much. The engineering. Over 7 straight hours on the road between Ohio and Maryland and I didn't end up with a case of car butt. Amazing. My butt doesn't feel at all like a hefty bag full of wet cement like it would after a long haul in any of my other cars. Those Germans know how to make a seat!

Now Shelby. There are many factors to be considered here and maybe the main one is the possibility that you have plenty of natural padding on your back side that is designed to promote comfort.......Well?? LMAO !!
Small Block

I wouldn't turn down a 7 series. :) They can actually be had for a decent price as the auto air leveling system has a tendency to go out. Just replace the air leveling system with coil-over Koni's and go haul ***. Here's the Top Gear review for your E32 735i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LickkbsEng

The 750's were a V12 with two entirely independent ECUs so if one bank went out, it was still gauranteed to pull 130 mph on the remaining 6 cylinders. Pretty cool stuff. If I ever had a "Bavarian Manure Wagon", this would be it:

800px-BMW_E32_front_20070928.jpg

I recently purchased a 97 E420 and three years ago purchased a 97 C230. Damn fine autos. Luxury cars are selling at steep discounts now. I just wouldn't buy a mercedes newere than 99. I have heard ungodly things about them.

I wouldn't turn down a 7 series. :) They can actually be had for a decent price as the auto air leveling system has a tendency to go out. Just replace the air leveling system with coil-over Koni's and go haul ***. Here's the Top Gear review for your E32 735i

The 750's were a V12 with two entirely independent ECUs so if one bank went out, it was still gauranteed to pull 130 mph on the remaining 6 cylinders. Pretty cool stuff. If I ever had a "Bavarian Manure Wagon", this would be it:
The short wheelbase cars do not have the leveling rear suspension unless it was specifically ordered. Mine doesn't have it so I don't need to worry. It is also great to have the six. The eight and the twelve are nightmares to work on but the six is as easy as an American car.

Now Shelby. There are many factors to be considered here and maybe the main one is the possibility that you have plenty of natural padding on your back side that is designed to promote comfort.......Well?? LMAO !!
Small Block
Sure, but that padding is there no matter what I drive.

Crap! I think this may have been a better deal than my $420 2000 Jeep Cherokee. I still dig the Cherokee for its cargo capacity for up to a dozen bodies and potential ability to drive over Corvettes though.

Nice find! 8)

The short wheelbase cars do not have the leveling rear suspension unless it was specifically ordered. Mine doesn't have it so I don't need to worry. It is also great to have the six. The eight and the twelve are nightmares to work on but the six is as easy as an American car.

You are 100% correct on both points. Yeah, the v12 are a bear to work on and very, very expensive to get parts for and you don't need the special tool to get the passenger side rear-most spark plug out. That 6 will run for 300K mi easy and have a nice flat torque curve too.

They do drive great but man are they a pain to work on! a friend of mine called me up about her '05 mercedes having problems, went and took a look and found the mass air sensor was bad. I have never seen so many torx fasteners and plastic clips and supports in my life! took almost 3 hours what took 15 minutes on my chevy! not to mention the 500 bucks at my cost for the damn thing.

-
Back