Gerst Tubular Suspensions

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked this up at Mopar Nationals Saturday. I spent some time checking out the tubular k frame kits offered by a few companies. I've heard good things about a relatively unheard off company out of Iowa called Gerst Tubular Suspensions. Ended up with a Gerst Tubular Suspension.

So far, everyone I talked to personally that has one and is running one, can find nothing negative to say. There are even some circle track and road race cars running this thing, talked to one of the owners/drivers over the weeked, nothing but rave reviews about it.

Thoughts so far, will update on install.

This thing is built stout, I'd mount it on a tank. And he's proud of it. Said that if you can find a stronger unit, let him know, he'll make it even stronger.

Full IFS coil overs, Shocks are dual adjusting.

Ball joints are rebuildable and maintainable QA1 units. Very nice

TIG welded and man do the welds look amazing.

If you're in the market for a tubular suspension kit, look up Gerst. You wont be disappointed. Plus, its almost half of an RMS and cheaper than a Hemidenny as well.

Support is for the weak. Just install it and let god sort the broken parts out! :D

Half price cause it's missing half the work needed to make it usable on the street.

Where's the stuff that will brace the upper part of the shock towers?

they aren't used. The coil overs mount to a bracket on the K frame.

heres a pic of mine after it was finished and powder coated and home in my shop. you can see the coil overs bolt to their own mounting bracket built into the k frame.

I see it now....the first pic you posted of the system in silver paint had none and would have been a disaster waiting to happen. :D So another one on the bandwagon but which one to choose?

Kind of nice that there are so many choices now eh?

I see it now....the first pic you posted of the system in silver paint had none and would have been a disaster waiting to happen. :D So another one on the bandwagon but which one to choose?

Kind of nice that there are so many choices now eh?

yep, it is nice, I walked between his and the hemidenny tent about 4 times. comparing the 2 options. and Gerst was in the swap meet area, Denny's was by the track...........

The k frame is made from 1/4 inch wall tubing. In comparison, RMS alterkation is 1/8in...

looks alot like the RMS alterkation set up. whats the deal with the spacers for the upper control arm. is it set up to put the upper control arm in the full rear position of the mount? that may result in an extreme amount of caster.

looks alot like the RMS alterkation set up. whats the deal with the spacers for the upper control arm. is it set up to put the upper control arm in the full rear position of the mount? that may result in an extreme amount of caster.

The kit includes spacers to help you dial in your caster and camber and all that. He said some may be need, some may not but he includes them in case.

What was your actual cost? I saw his email, but I can't find a website

He doesn't have one yet. Supposedly in the works. A full kit, depending on brake options, around 3 grand. Give or take a couple hundred here or there for options like powder coating and the various brake choices.

That's bot bad at all, do you happen to know the turn around time?

I do not know his current turn around time. I know there was at least 2 people ordering when I picked up mine on saturday, but I don't know how many he has in the fire or how long it takes to build.

Honestly, I've not compared or measured it. I can and I'll report back. I know it mounts to the factory location for the uppers

that would be good to know. I deleted my post because I just didn't have the time to word it correctly! Ha!

Cool, another option for k frames. Competition is good.

Interesting. With that upper shock mount configuration I would really be surprised
if the hub-to-hub track width is in the 58" range like an HDK. Anything wider is less
than ideal and doesn't allow the mounting of normal to large diameter tires inside
the confines of the front fenders. When you bolt it up and can get that measurement
please let us know what you see.

-
Back