Get home and what do I find?

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
I got home yesterday evening and started work on my house as I have been doing for about a year now. Thats the reason I have not been around much lately. Start to work and need a measuring tape so its off to the shop to get one. Walk up to the shop and the walk in door has been ripped open with a crow bar,dead bolt still locked. Just great all you need to make the day go better is some piece of $**t breaking in and stealing what I work every day to have. He got me miller 135 mig welder off the cart cut the gas hose and hit the road. Now outside of the general feeling of being pissed the sheriffs dept comes out and they can't fingure print anything as he does not think it will help? I sware the laws today is to protect the criminal not the victum. Well all I know to say is I hope they don't come back again. Just a vent I guess. Matt

Lay out some nice, shiny bait and take a few days off work.

Have a decoy act like you taking your daily driver to work and hope for the best.

Kinda boring like deer hunting in a tree stand but every once in a while you get lucky.

use your imagination for the take down/ apprehension.

thats sucks, do yourself a favor and keep an eye on craigslist to see if any of your stuff comes up for sale. you might be better off doing some detective work of your own. a few people have found crooks this way. best of luck to you from here on out.

Crack heads take whatever looks the most valuable that they can lift and carry, straight to the pawn shop.
If they spent more time looking and loading you could assume it was someone who knew you were gone for more than a few hours.
Because it was grab and go it was a probably a neighbor or someone who knocked first like those door to door meat sellers.
Last to hit our street knocked at 3 doors looking for handyman work, roof repairs, etc... They took a riding mower from the door before mine. Didn't knock at my door.

I have my Garage and House monitored alarmed it won't stop them but doesn't give them much time to gather loot up. Sucks that you have to do that because of so many thieves around nowadays.

Yeah, The thing is about 2 weeks ago I was in my shop with the big door up working on my wagon when a guy came up from behind me. One I had never seen before with a woman. He said he wanted to see if I was going to rent the place out or sale it......... Anyway the welder was setting on a cart right in front of the car I was working on so it makes me wonder if the two are not tied together???? Matt

Goto the local welding supply house and see if anyone has come in to buy a new gas line/regulator for a 135. You never know, people are stupid.

Also hit the pawn shops, including ones that aren't close to the house.

They probably did not steal it to work with.

And an alarm system with a LOUD siren (steal one off a cop car) is most effective. You can find the whole system (used). Ask your local police garage what they do with their old ones.
Power it off a 12 volt battery with a trickle charger attached. Hide the siren box and battery and place the speaker where it is not easily gotten to. A 200 watt speaker will drive a criminal nuts.

they won't print if the stolen goods aren't expensive enough, too expensive to process the prints (hafta pay the tech, then pay the guy to run it through the system for hours, yadda yadda yadda).

Lay out some nice, shiny bait and take a few days off work.

Have a decoy act like you taking your daily driver to work and hope for the best.

Kinda boring like deer hunting in a tree stand but every once in a while you get lucky.

use your imagination for the take down/ apprehension.

My thoughts exactly. But make sure you kill the bastard. This is why I always keep a "throw down" gun or two around. If there's only one side of the story, it will be yours. Kill the bastard. Good luck.

Find something nice and tack razor blades on it so when they try to grab it in a hurry it cuts the **** out of them. My buds radio was stolen 3 times. He tacked treble hooks under the dash when he bought the fourth and sure enough a few weeks later he caught him a cat burglar not a cat fish. He was hung under the dash screaming for help like someones *****. lol

sorry to hear that man..but on a side note the police this days are to damn young and think there sheild gives them the right to do what they want and what they want to say..just 2 weeks ago the guy leave beside me got the police called on him for being on someones land behind his his 2 cops come and the man that claims the land...i know for a fact that the land belongs to another man how cause i buoght my land from the same man that owns this its about 20 ac...anyway long story short 1 cop gets out the car and tell the guy you need to take your *** back to rocky mount where your from called the guy a ***** a few diff. times and gave him the finger now this man should be term. and sent down the road ..i vid. most of it on my phone when i heard the cop calling names..they call to make a report on him to his boss he has about 5 charges already for the same thing his about 25/28 yrs old and think they can do what they want and nothing will happen....if you get into a fender bender in some states you just take each others ins. info no need to call the law..why not they may not have ins.. sorry for the trant but the law now days is just for the law not the peolpe that need them..

Will your homeowners insurance cover it?? If those 2 were homeless their probably long gone to their next job...

Like all that has been already said, the thief is probably thinking either you will be covered by insurance or will just go out and purchase another. He will just wait a while and come back to score again. I know because I was hit twice within 3 weeks. Take care, be careful.

Find something nice and tack razor blades on it so when they try to grab it in a hurry it cuts the **** out of them. My buds radio was stolen 3 times. He tacked treble hooks under the dash when he bought the fourth and sure enough a few weeks later he caught him a cat burglar not a cat fish. He was hung under the dash screaming for help like someones *****. lol

Yeah baby.:cheers:

I can see it now.

owner gets home.

"Oh hello Mr. Burglar" while wrapping a roll of duct tape over his loud mouth.

"Let me see if I can get you loosened from those fish hooks with this baseball bat."

"I think I will start here at the ribs and work my way up.":snakeman:

SCREW doin somethin to hurt um. KILL um. If you hurt um they will get a greaseball attorney and sue your *** off.

goodluck in finding the pos i agree with everyone else above check pawn shops and craigs list and if you catch the bastard dont beat the hell outta him unless your sure he'll be in a vegetable state the rest of his life shoot to kill one story is better than two

Checked with my insurance guy I have $1000.00 deductible on the content. So its as cheap just to buy a new welder. I have a guy above me that was letting a guy live on his property in a pop up camper, that had to kick him off Tuesday night just so happens its the same night this welder got stolen. He was close enough to see me leave the drive way that night. Sure does seem to add up to me. Matt

Checked with my insurance guy I have $1000.00 deductible on the content. So its as cheap just to buy a new welder. I have a guy above me that was letting a guy live on his property in a pop up camper, that had to kick him off Tuesday night just so happens its the same night this welder got stolen. He was close enough to see me leave the drive way that night. Sure does seem to add up to me. Matt

Go git him.

when some a=hole stole my radio oout of my dart, bent up the moulding inbetween the front/rear window... i was so pissed i couldn't sleep for two nights. i hunkered down on my porch with my pump twelve and left all the windows down to see if he would come back...

like said before, they mite have seen something they liked for next time...

Go cut off his thumbs and big toes.

110 the door knob, that will get their attention and they'll be there when you get home. A little fried I'm afraid. Probly someone that knows you, 80% chance they say, thats the sad part. Sorry to hear about your theft, feels like you were raped and violated huh? I know it happened to me alot when I lived in Yakima washington, real bad crime area there.

-
Back