getting hard to resist...

-

1976dodgedart

Reaction score
my dads friend has a 65 sport fury in pretty good shape, its an original 318 car and i just happened to have a pretty fresh 318 in the garage he said i could take it for 1600 and if i couldnt pay it all at once i could make payments (what a saint lol) but im not sure if a 318 would be enough for a 3700 lbs car my 318 has headers will have a mild cam before end of summer something like a 268/276 and a 650 cfm holley is that enough engine to make quick c-body?

I have a '68 Newport with the small engine, a 383. I have a performer cam, manifold, holly 650 dp, 2.5 exhaust, and msd box coil and dist. It's quick but by no means fast. It does need a bit less gear though it's a 2.76. it will do 140mph but only after it gets to 40mph does it start to feel fast.

my dads friend has a 65 sport fury in pretty good shape, its an original 318 car and i just happened to have a pretty fresh 318 in the garage he said i could take it for 1600 and if i couldnt pay it all at once i could make payments (what a saint lol) but im not sure if a 318 would be enough for a 3700 lbs car my 318 has headers will have a mild cam before end of summer something like a 268/276 and a 650 cfm holley is that enough engine to make quick c-body?
The fury you're looking at may have a poly 318. The one I have posted right now has one. Good Luck! Sounds like a find.

You don't want to over cam a small engine in a heavy car, you won't be happy. Look for an RB to drop in.

Corect me if I'm wrong but isn't that a B body? Yes thay can accomidate up to a 426 Hemi but were fine with a 318. My 4200 lb 300 has a 360 in it and may not be the fastest car around but can get moving just fine when I want it to.

65 is the same as 66. 65 was the first year for the b bodies as we know them.
I've got a pretty clean '65 FuryI sitting here; I'm kinda sorry I pulled the engine/trans. It was a pretty nice cruiser.

i know they make after market motor mounts where could i find some for a sport fury?

heres the only pic of it i have right now ill get more soon, and the chrome moldings are all brand new but are not on the car yet and the only rust spots are on the passenger door (as you can see lol) and 2 quarter size spots, 1 on each rear quarter panel
DSCF0073.jpg

regardless if it's a b or a c it is still a cool car!

"Now that's funny.
Just a Baby Big Block. "
yep but it is in '68 you could get the 383 or 440 in the port thats it!

i read somewhere that the 65 and 66 used the same sheetmetal or they were somehow very similar

Yes they shared "most" sheet metal. The quarters were different but only at the taillight area. The rest was the same they just changed trim, aslo the front bumpers were just a little different where the marker lights are 65 markers won't fit a 66 bumper. And the rear bumper had P L Y M O U T H spelled out on the 66's where the 65's did not. They made very few changes to the body but the front subframe was a different story 66-68 Fury's were the same but 65 had 1 year only motor mounts. It took special mounts to put a 65 engine in a 66 the 65 blocks were cast different where the motor mounts bolt on, thats what I was told. But the rest of the car shared nothing with it's later brothers. But if you take the disc brakes off a 68-72 or 73 C-body they will bolt on with no mods. 73 has different rotors and and are easier to find.

That's for sure a sweet ride, I wouldn't be so much concerned about making it real fast though. I kinda think it would just be a sweet cruiser. You start going fast you start spending money. And when you have a big-*** c-body they are not all that fun to stop, so you may wanna think about some better brakes if you do decide to go fast. Either way good luck with it, it's a sweet car!!

ya that was definately somethin i was concerned about but today i found a 75 chevelle with a 400 for sale its the laguna s-3 totally restored new paint rebuilt engine and transmission new interior the guy has 8000 invested he said he would give it to me for 5000 cash so i think the c-body might take a backseat for a while

ps
please forgive me i know its a chevy but i cannot deny that it is a beautiful car in great condition for a great price

-
Back